×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Terahlyanwë
    Terahlyanwë
    Third of six kids; enormously crazy; outdoors constantly; rarely wear shoes; pansexual; agnostic; love falafel; bilingual; vegetarian; extreme sports junkie; prolific reader; there's probably a cup of tea in my hand right now.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Join Hands With The Stars
PG-13
275
0
2
1.8K
1

swap_vert

This is a mashup of emotions: my present knowledge juxtaposed with how I felt helpless when I was much younger. Praying was supposed to procure the aid, but failed, leading to my belief that religion is false and deities don't exist. Kissing Venus and Mars...

I used to sit out on the roof of the house when I was perhaps ten to fifteen years old and sit, shaking with fear and rage and helplessness. Praying always failed. My words reached the tree branches and fell slowly back to earth with the impotence of shooting stars, and none of their brilliance. Venus and Mars, the planets of love and war, always danced overhead on those summer nights, and I ended up soliloquizing to them...detailing my troubles, ideas, and plans. It felt like joining hands and dancing through the night as my fears and pain evaporated into mercury mist and fell, heavier-than-air to the ground far below my feet.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X