×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
She Who Knows Tomorrow
PG-13 Completed
29.6K
2
1
4.2K
0

All kindness is not wise.

Third’s clutch escaped their home universe years ago, before any of them were old enough to legally take a name and to stop having to risk themselves to keep others alive. She’s still too young for that, and the alternate version of herself that she lives with calls her “Kitten”.

First and Second, the other survivors in her clutch, live elsewhere. They’ve been waiting longer than necessary to join the Named, so they won’t leave her behind again…and they’ve been breaching the laws that govern the Nameless.

Now their home universe is catching up to them, and they’ll have to pay the price.

(A novella that’ll take about 1.5 hours to read, for the average reader.)


This story is what happens when a kid watches Star Trek and wonders why folks who don't fit their native universes (*cough* Mirror!Miles *cough*) don't just hop over to another one that suits them better. I mean, Star Trek and other space operas make it so easy (or, at least, feasible). So where are all the expats?

This is the “Authorized Cut”, which is adjusted to keep things to a T rating. The e-book release of this story has both the same version and an M-rated “Author’s Edition”, which has that rating mostly on account of swearing.

Even though this is an official final/published release, you are welcome to make whatever edit suggestions you want. Just be aware that your suggestions probably won't be accepted unless you've caught an outright error that slipped through editing and proofreading.

Hope you have fun!


Wondering where the title came from?

It’s not a direct reference, but it was inspired by James 4:14 in the Christian Bible.

“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” (KJV)


Cara Lee is the name used for the dystopian works of Misti Wolanski. Technology, biology, propaganda, and the moral implications of all three have fascinated the author since she first noticed how people with power often abuse it. She now writes stories that explore the boundaries where helpful becomes hurtful, and vice versa, while her cat tries to sneak sips of her coffee.


Copyright 2015
All Rights Reserved

images used in cover © Katie Little - Fotolia.com & © Flavio Takemoto (flaivoloka) - freeimages.com

This is a work of fiction. All people, places, and events are made up or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is coincidental. Any referenced trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners, and their use speaks only to the characters’ opinions, not to the product.

Jenga® is a registered trademark of Pokonobe Associates and was invented by Leslie Scott. Author enjoys the game, but she has no association or affiliation with the company.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X