×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
The Darcy Daze
PG
6.1K
1
1
1.9K
0
This story is unlisted. Please be considerate before sharing.

13 year-old Darcy Mintworth awakens in a bizarre reality known as "The Weird." She soon discovers that her dog is drunk and her little sister has seemingly taken over the neighborhood. Now Darcy's a fugitive on the run trying to escape her sister's evil faction in order to find a way out. Back in the "Normal" reality, she's scheduled to be the starting pitcher in the softball championship. Will she make it back there? Or is she forever trapped? Along her journey, there will be trials and tribulations. Heartache and joy. Faith and fear. Join Darcy in this unorthodox mystery as she navigates through relationships, social issues, sisterhood, and her own self-discovery.

THE DARCY DAZE in its entirety will be available on Amazon Kindle soon... Stay tuned! 


I am writing this story because of a bizarre dream I once had about two of my sisters and our family dog. I dreamed that my sisters were at odds with each other in a world that was strange. Somehow, they had become trapped inside of an alternate universe(I was binge watching Fringe at the time). I was there, too, but I had no control over anything. It was like I was an observer that nobody could see or hear. It was a very quirky dream to say the least. Our family dog could talk for goodness sake. When I began to formulate the building blocks of this story, I decided to make the dog drink beer. I really want this short story to be as weird and quirky as possible, while also dealing with real life issues in a very unorthodox manner.


X