×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
Geek's Obsession
PG
21.5K
6
0
17.0K
1

Hi, everyone.

This idea came to me the other day and I felt it would be a short story. I pictured a nerd/geek type of person (I love them, nothing wrong with them and I don't mean the term in a negative way). I also pictured something paranormal and strange happening, so voila! 

Story Details

Edison Bates has been the outcast of his small town since junior high school. He hides his good looks behind glasses, dorky clothes, and an old-fashioned hairstyle. His best friend Nora Slater tries to convince him that they will have a great year, but that day starts out the same as it always has. Except for one thing. The afternoon ends in an odd way. 

Later, the popular clique soon kicks out Carter Townsend as the most popular guy and takes Edison under their wing. Edison decides that he wants Nora to be his girlfriend and tries to get her to join his new life.

Nora, a sort of outcast but an independent girl that's always had a crush on Edison starts to fear him and doesn't return his advances. The Edison she knows is fading into a contact lens wearing, assertive, new Edison who is now called "Eddie." She refuses to follow him into the cool kids' clique and senses something vile and dark around him. Unwilling to lose her best friend and guy she's in love with without knowing the reason why Nora starts out on a path to discover what changed him.

~~~

Copyright © 2017 by Jennifer Katherine Chapman

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, please message the author.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X