×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Patrick Costello
    Patrick Costello
    Hailed The Merry God of Banjo by The Washington Post, Patrick Costello lost most of his hearing to childhood ear infections. He learned to sing, play the banjo, guitar, harmonica, ukulele, fiddle, dulcimer, autoharp, and other instruments through a combination of family support, his indomitable will, and the kindness of musicians he met along the way.

    Patrick is the author of The How and the Tao of Old Time Banjo and many other books. He lives in Crisfield, Maryland.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Just This Banjo
PG-13
52.5K
0
1
1.9K
1

swap_vert

Desperate for a way to communicate after losing his hearing, young Patrick Costello set his heart on becoming a musician. Ignoring the odds, empowered by his family and a karate grandmaster, Patrick won a banjo in a bet, salvaged a guitar from the trash and wandered into the city of brotherly love looking for a teacher. What happened next is an unbelievable true story of chasing improbable dreams, the kindness of strangers, the IRA, the Philadelphia Mummers, and unconditional love.

swap_vert

X