×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
The Apple Of My Parents' Eyes
G Completed
13.0K
2
2
7.8K
0

INTRODUCING THE BOOK "THE APPLE OF MY PARENTS' EYES"

"I am sick and tired of you, you know? I am here to spend time with you and all you do is ignore me each time I try to strike a relationship with you. Do I smell or what?"

I looked at her. "Listen, I just want to be alone, OK? You have to get used to it."

Above is the excerpt from my book showing the interaction between an Autistic child and her cousin.

My name is Okoye, Favour Odira, a writer and a poet. I am here to introduce my book, which is founded on the bedrock of Autism. Autism is a type of disorder in both children and adults, that tampers with their brains and makes them less receptive to people around them. Autistic people are very intelligent or witty when they desire to. Otherwise, they can lock themselves up and won't open up to people.

The fear and struggle in this area are indeed perplexing but not insurmountable. This has brought about anxiety and a lack of responsibility from the majority of parents and guardians towards the autistic individual, thereby leading to a series of neglect and offering them for adoptions. 

These issues caused me to coin my novel 'The Apple Of My Parents Eyes.' This is a novel with great insights. More so, it brings an outstanding and irrepressible faith to every individual who is directly or indirectly involved in this...

With the increasing rise of Autism in the world, there needs to be a focal point to educate parents and guardians, and proffer a working solution and hope to them. This book also highlights the relationship between parents and guardians, children and the way your actions determine the outcome of your life. 

A book of 12,445 words which can be termed a short story, is my first attempt to point people to autism and the solution thereof. This is the reason I am knocking on your door for you to aid me, who was autistic before, in getting this book into the hands of innumerable no of people in Nigeria and beyond. 

X