×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Glenn King Snr.
    Glenn King Snr.
    Unpacking the meaning of the commonly used word 'education', we often find that our typical understanding of it falls short. To truly unlock our hidden potential and reach new heights, we must adopt a broader perspective.

    As individuals, we must nourish our souls through various forms of education. I firmly believe that there are four essential aspects of personal development that every individual should prioritize. These encompass physical, spiritual, mental, and social-emotional learning. By mastering these areas, we move closer to becoming our ideal selves.

    It is within these realms that our focus should be concentrated. By dedicating ourselves to personal growth in these dimensions, we can ignite the full potential that lies deep within us.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
“…the ancient Indian mythology”
G
0
0
1
413
2

swap_vert

As I was reading some Indian ancient literature, I came across this ancient mythology that inspired me. This a myth drawn from the ancient Indian mythology on human nature. 

It is believed that, a thousand years ago everyone who lived on this planet was a god. Everyone had some powers that gods of the time were believed to possess. Being a god, human beings were granted enormous power and abilities. Guess what humankind chose to do with those abilities? 

The human race abused this limitless powers and benefits that came with this notion.

It came a time that the supreme god decided to hide this source of all this limitless potential from humankind so that no one will be able to find it even in the generations to come. Now the question was, ‘where could such a thing be hidden?’ 

The supreme god called a meeting with his advisers to discuss possible places where such a precious thing could be hidden. Each adviser on board was given a chance to suggest what they thought would be a good hiding place. Remember, human beings were not supposed to find it in any way.

The first adviser suggested that it could be placed deep in the ground, to which the supreme god said, “Someone will dig deep enough and find it.” The second adviser said it could be thrown into the deepest ends of the oceans. The supreme god denied saying that someone could dive deep enough into the ocean and find it. A number of other possible places it could be hidden was raised and the supreme god denied. 

After reflecting on a number of possible places for some time, the supreme god then finally came up with a solution: “I will put this source of all human power, potential, ability and purpose inside the hearts and the brains of every man, woman and child walking on the planet, for they will never think to look there.” 

Wow! What a solution! ‘For they will never think to look for it in their hearts and brains’, was the proper justification that the solution by the supreme god became the winning solution.

As I was reading through this article, I came to realize that to some extent this myth makes sense. Human beings have limitless power within their grasp but they fail to utilize all their potential. We often go through life failing to discover this limitless power we have.

While there are so many reasons and explanations to this failure, one of the leading factors is failure to discover this great power within us.

People don’t know their potential. People don’t understand that they possess great powers within themselves that need to be utilized and put into use. 

KNOW YOUR POTENTIAL

William James, one of the greatest psychologists and philosophers of America once said; “Compared to what we ought to be, we are only half awake. We are making use of a small part of our physical and mental resources.” 

And you know what? Mr. James was right. We are only half awake. Compared to the potential that we possess as the human race; we are still half asleep. People do not take time to discover that they possess enormous greatness within themselves. We don’t live our lives fully just because we don’t take time to discover and fully utilize our potential. Everyone has a great potential that lies deep within waiting to be awaken. How do we awaken this potential? How do you discover and assume total control of your potential? While there may be a number of proven ways to discovering your potential there are 4 of the best ways to do this that I will greatly stress about in the next article.

swap_vert

X