×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
Songs from a dreamer
PG
2.0K
0
6
955
1

This is a collection of all of the songs I have written, and will be updated accordingly as new ones are released. 

The collection is a combination of several types of songs, such as:

- Passionate songs about self expression and unity, stemming from my own experiences of being excluded for being different and more outspoken than others

- Songs about love, however messy it may be, to represent that love comes in many shapes and sizes.

- Chilling songs that spook the listener/reader with alternative vibes that take inspiration from many of my favorite singers from that genre, the most significant being the up and coming sister duo NEONI. 

- Sad and wishful songs that stand for all of the things we reach for but never grab, and what it is like to achieve those things.

- Songs of hope, that represent the benefit of looking forward and having faith that good will come, despite all the signs that may seem to say otherwise.

And many other songs that can spark a connection or understanding from the audience. I think we can all relate to at least one of these. The main goal of most of my songs is to make the audience feel something, something that reminds them that they are not alone in any of the pain they've experienced, and that there will always be someone you can turn to when the going gets tough. So if the bad feelings are bringing you down, let the good ones pick you back up again. Soon enough, someone will be there to lend a hand. You just have to wait for it.


The following artists provided some level inspiriation to me through their songs:

- Neoni, for their alternative songs that were an inspiration for most of my alternative songs.

- Tate McRae, tracks like "She's all I wanna be" and "Boy X" provided inspiration for many of my more emotional songs. In addition, some of her break-up songs were an inspiration for my angrier love songs.

- FITZ and the tantrums, the bouncy rhythms and upbeat lyrics were helpful for some of my more "poppy songs."

- Daya, her album "Sit Still Look Pretty" had a lot of messages about the importance of being yourself, and not letting the judgement bring you down. "Tell Me I'm Pretty" by Brynn Elliot provided a similar level of inspiration.

- Anne Marie's album therapy helped with my songs about personal issues and emotions.


I listen to a lot of music, and there are many more artists that provided inspiration, but with the amount of music I listen to on a daily basis, listing all of them would take too long. If you took the time to read all of this, I will give you my thanks, and I hope you enjoy my songs.

X