×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
Man without a face
G
6.4K
0
0
299
0

swap_vert

Open menu

Use App


Expand search

Expand user menu

Log In / Sign Up

Advertise on Reddit

r/Duskwood iconGo to Duskwood

r/Duskwood

2 yr. ago

by 

NymosinRevenge

Join


The Real Story of THE MAN WITHOUT A FACE

Once upon a time, there was a boy. He had a family: father, mother and older sister. He grew up very smart and intelligent, received good grades, and was the pride of his parents. He was especially good at computers. From childhood, he already knew how to fix computers and gradually began to learn programming. Since he lived in a small city, he had little chance of getting a good education in IT and he planned to leave for a big city. But one day the fairy tale in his life ended. One by one, the people he loved began to leave his life. First, the father came and said that he was leaving them. It was a blow to him, a betrayal. This he will not forgive him in the future. After the divorce, the children are left with their mother, and they move to the big city, as the boy dreamed, but without a father. The boy's parents tried to keep the family together for the sake of the children, but the daily quarrels and scandals between them, which they tried to hide from the children, over time it pours into complete indifference to each other. Father still has a bar in that city, for him his business is very important. He promises to visit his family, but everything is limited to rare calls and gifts for the New Year and Birthday. The boy grows up resenting his father, because the father's side of the attention and love that he would like is not felt. As a teenager, he takes it harder. The eldest daughter, on the other hand, is more relaxed about her parents' divorce. She is already an adult and understands that adults sometimes do not agree on opinions and characters and disagree, such is life.

Years go by, the boy grows up and prepares to go to college. And one day his older sister, as usual, decides to go to his father. Moreover, soon a big festival is planned there, which is called Pine Glade there, and his sister really wants to get there. The father has a lot of clients that day, and he clearly has no time for his daughter. When he returns home at night after the bar closes, he does not even notice the absence of his daughter and goes to bed. At this moment, on the bank of the river in the thick of the forest, two young girls with horror-filled eyes are standing over the lifeless body of Jennifer Hanson and frantically trying to realize what they have just done.

Frightened, they decide to call their parents and Hannah Donfort, who was driving the car, calls her father and tells the terrible news - she just hit a man to death. The father, in order to protect his daughter, decides to take a desperate step: to hide Jennifer's body and get rid of the evidence. He goes to the forest already having prepared a plan and a tool for its implementation: a shovel. The father, after his arrival, proposes to move Jennifer away, so as to complicate the detective to associate it with the crime scene, the father buries Jennifer. This moment will remain in Hannah's memory forever, the emerald lifeless eyes of the girl and the bracelet gleaming in the moonlight of the same color on her hand. After that, they promise each other to forget about this day and live as if nothing had happened. Only they do not know that under cover of night a man is watching them and knows their terrible secret ... After Jennifer's disappearance, the mother raises the police on her ears and begins to search hard for her. It is assumed that she had to go home and on the road leading from Duskwood, they find traces of the accident. After combing the forest, the police came across a terrible find: a fresh hole and Jennifer's body. At this point, Hannah's father, who is close friends with the owner of the only auto repair shop in the city, Paul Rodger, meets with him about repairing the car. He asks to completely change the color of the car and also not to enter his name in the customer register. Paul also becomes an accomplice in the crime. Now no amc gremlin was being repaired and they quickly get rid of the new car, selling it in another city. At this time, heartbroken Iris, asks to find the killer as soon as possible.

But no one knows anything and the investigation drags on for months. During the investigation, suspicion falls even on the father himself, which shocks everyone, but for lack of evidence he is released. As a result, the case is closed over time. And the boy, who has already grown up and has become a self-taught specialist in the field of IT, cannot come to terms with this. He loved his older sister very much and decides to find the killer himself.

For this, he is even ready to break the law - he becomes a hacker. At the same time, he blames his father, because if he had looked after his daughter, and had not been busy with his bar, perhaps Jennifer would not have gone alone into the forest at night and would not have died there. What she did there and how she got there remained under cover of secrecy. At the same time, his father, Michael Hanson, begins to have problems in the city. Due to the fact that he was suspected of murder, there are fewer clients coming to the bar and he himself gradually falls into depression from the city, which reminds him of what happened to his daughter. He decides to sell bar and bracelet in order to move to another city. He stops communicating completely with Iris and with his son Jake, because they blame him for Jennifer's death. Jake begins to think about how to get information about Jennifer's case. And the only thing he does best is hacking and he hacks the police database. And under number 01040 he discovers his sister's case.

He studies photos from the crime scene, witnesses, and stumbles upon a familiar name, Donfort. They used to communicate well while his entire family lived in Duskwood. Something he finds suspicious is Hannah's testimony. She says that she saw Jennifer's killer, because that day she was playing in the forest with friends, they had an argument and decided to go to the Dare House to play. And it seemed to her that someone was watching them. And it happened not far from the accident place. Jake thinks this is the only piece of evidence and decides to contact her. Just so as not to frighten off, he pretends to be another guy. As he communicates and grows closer, he hopes that Hannah will someday talk about that day in the forest. But this is not happening. And it's all the fault of the pills that were prescribed to Hannah. They help to cope with hallucinations and depression. Also, after her older sister Lily told her parents that Hannah sees a person who is persecuting her, her father realizes that her daughter's guilt is gradually beginning to destroy her psyche. He takes her to Dr. Bareth, who, under the influence of hypnosis, blocks her memories of a terrible day. Jake received no answers and is also worried that Hannah began to show feelings for him, feels guilty for deceiving her and decides to stop communicating. Hannah becomes depressed from this, but over time, a new relationship with Thomas drowns out this pain.

Time passes. Jake has become a sought-after hacker, but is hiding his identity. In life, he is a quiet, loving son Jake, who alone now takes care of his mother, who has grown older over the years. The only thing that remained unchanged was her emerald eyes, the same as those of Jennifer, and each time they reminded Jake of his sister, whose life had been taken away so early, and in fact she would now be over 30 years old, perhaps she would already have her own family, she had so many dreams that would never come true. And someone soulless took her future away from her, and he vowed that he would take away theirs from those who were involved in her death. There was no hope for the police, but there was no evidence either. Where did the car go? Didn't the surveillance cameras record anything? While he was puzzling over this, unexpected guests come to their home: Hannah Donfort and Amy Bell Lewis. Hannah asks Iris that the man who killed Jennifer has begun to pursue her again. And she asks about that day in more detail. Jake thinks at that moment that by following Hannah, he will be able to find the killer.

And the fact was that Hannah, having decided that she no longer needed the pills, stopped taking them. In her head that day looks like she was in the woods with friends and saw a strange person-fake memories created under the hypnosis by Ulrich. Nothing about the accident. But one day passing by the shop windows, Hanna notices a bracelet with emeralds and at that moment she remembers everything: how she killed Jennifer, the bracelet which was on her wrist- the block on memories cracked.

She begins to be paranoid, she thinks that she is being persecuted by a Man Without a Face, who takes revenge on all sinners who have not received punishment for their sins. She informs Amy about this. They decide to find out in detail about the MWF, Amy registers on the forum. At this time, Jake watches Hannah from afar, hacking into her phone.

He collects information bit by bit, tracking Hannah's location, cameras and messages. He does not even suspect that he has found the killer, whom he has been looking for so persistently for 10 years, until he reads Hannah and Amy's conversation, in which Hannah confesses that she killed Jennifer. At that moment, Jake's world collapsed - the killer was so close, and he even stipulated him in the past. And then he begins to follow Hannah's family and her friends. He understands that teenagers alone could not get rid of the body. And he decides to find out who else is involved. He can't find anything, but thinks about going to the police with evidence. Of course he will be caught - he is a wanted hacker, repeatedly violating the law. He carefully studies the law and comes to the conclusion that Jennifer's death can only be attributed to a murder by negligence, especially since teenagers were driving, they will not be severely judged. Nothing will happen to the murderers of his sister, and even more so there is a statute of limitations for the crime. This infuriates Jake and he realizes that the only one who can bring justice is he. As a child, he heard about the legend of the Man without a Face, who avenged the death of his son. Moreover, he knows that Hannah thought it was he who was following her. This mystical hero from legends will be an excellent cover for Jake and also reflects his goal, only the legend has now changed a little, the place of the avenging father was taken by his brother. At this moment, Hannah feels that she is being followed and is about to turn to Alan. The moment she calls Amy to meet up, she is already in the hands of the Faceless Man, who kidnaps her from the motel; after all, the road from there goes to the Dare House, the habitat of the MWF. The son of the motel caretaker sees this, but Jake is not worried, because no one will believe him anyway. He was incredibly lucky - he didn't even have to come up with something, because Hannah herself wrote to him, asking for help.

He sends a message from Amy's phone to Hannah to meet at Michael Hanson's house. It has long been abandoned, stands on the outskirts, and hardly anyone will look there. Hannah and Amy had a plan for Hannah to play the role of a bait, and she wants to end it once and for all. Whoever it is, a revived legend or a vengeful family member, she will reveal this persecutor. She makes an agreement in advance with Alan, who does not believe her at first, but after checking the cameras, he sees a man in a hood who has been caught on cameras next to Hannah several times. But things don't go according to plan, Amy doesn't get in touch. She decides to go to Michael's house alone. And calls Jake at the same time. JAKE, who changed his voice and turned off the video link, sees Hannah and gradually approaches her from behind. The mechanical voice with which she was talking to all this time disappears and in its place she hears an insinuating voice behind her back and it is the last thing that to remeber before she is captured. Amy at that moment, lying unconscious in an unfamiliar wooden house, wakes up from Hannah's screams. She unties and tries to run. But Jake arrives in time and catches her. A serious struggle flares up between them, during which Amy manages to escape, while she was able to rip off the mask and recognize Jake - at least he grew up, but his facial features remained the same.

Jake, realizing that if she escapes, will tell the police everything, and then his plan of revenge will come to an end. He grabs the first thing in his hands and hits Amy on the head. No, he didn't mean to harm her. Hannah was his only target. But the irreversible happened. He leaves her on the banks of the river, where Jennifer's memorial is located nearby - this will become the first symbol of his revenge.

The ending for this whole story, he decides to choose the day when it all began, the Pine Glade Festival. But you have to get to that. Surely after the disappearance of Hannah they will be looking for her. He always needs to be one step ahead.

Moreover, he has not yet found Hannah's accomplices. The police switched to a new method of encrypting data - if he will try to hack them again, it will become known about this, even if he receives the data. Moreover, now they are strenuously looking for him throughout the country. He can't take risks. And there is one option left - Hannah's friends. Through them he will find out about everyone. He writes that something happened to Hannah and that he is trying to help. But since he is forced to hide his identity, people do not really make contact with him. Then he decides to introduce a new person into the game. He sends a number among Hannah's chats to Thomas, hoping that he will not remain indifferent and will decide to stay to help.

Besides, they will begin to suspect him and to prove his innocence, he must stay. At the same time, he plans to gain confidence in him and control all actions. ... -As long as you're doing well. You fully meet my expectations. Yes, MC not only met, but surpassed them. Gradually MC begins to get closer to Jake, but tries to push her away. After all, she is just a tool. Hannah shouldn't be found until the Pine Glade Festival. He writes messages with a threat so that people do not go to the forest and find his hiding place.

Jake begins to lead everyone on the wrong track. And leads to the fact that everyone begins to suspect Michael Hanson, who, by all accounts, left Duskwood many years ago and is missing. But no one knew that he had died long ago. It fits perfectly with the description of the legends. MC, being a very helpful girl, wants to genuinely help find Hannah. At the same time, she becomes so attached to Jake that she begins to trust him unconditionally.

Jake shows her his real self. But MC still hasn't received an answer to the question of how he is related to Hannah. Jake doesn't know what to think of. MC is no longer just attached to Jake as a friend, she falls in love with him and becomes jealous because of Hannah. Thomas with suspicions about Hannah's betrayal and the found bracelet only reinforces this suspicion in her. When Lily uploads the video, Jake urgently needs to get her to delete the video. He comes up with a crazy idea. He tells Lily that he is her father's illegitimate son and that is the older brother. Lily doesn't believe at first, but deletes the video when Jake promises to provide evidence.

Among old photographs of Hannah's father from a previous job, he finds a photo of a woman and a boy - a random shot taken many years ago. And sends it to Lily, along with the video to MC. At the same time, he insistently asks Lily not to tell her father, because he does not want to destroy their family. Jake, rereading this, cannot help smiling, because Lily believes in it, as everyone believes him, even the group slowly begins to trust him. MC is ready to stand up for him in every situation, but something still confuses her.

Ivestigating with MC, while discussing Jennifer, she accidentally confuses the date of her death, and Jake himself, without noticing, corrects her. MC it seems strange, because Jake himself said that he does not know anything about Jennifer Manson. If he reads her chats, why he asks her about it again? Jake is angry that the last name was confused. But over time, she forgets about it. Pine Glade is approaching, and Hannah cannot be found. And at one point everyone decides to leave Duskwood. Jake doesn't like this, because then the whole group will become useless.

At the same time, he wants to throw more evidence about Hannah, but first needs to move Hannah, because soon, according to his plan, his hiding place should be found. At this moment, Richie, who was nearby, hears Hannah screaming.

Through his phone, he tracks MC calls and sees that Richie is talking to her via video message and says that he heard screams. He has to get out of hiding and he attacks Richie, shooting him from afar. He falls and loses consciousness. Since Jake has not grabbed the mask, he cannot, as in the case of other attacks, point the camera at himself and goes after Hannah.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X