×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
The Late Night Call
PG-13
2.0K
0
0
419
0

swap_vert

It was a dark and stormy night. The wind was howling outside, and the rain was pouring down in sheets. Sarah was curled up in bed, trying to get some sleep. She had just drifted off when the phone rang.


Sarah groggily reached over and answered the phone. "Hello?" she said, her voice thick with sleep.


There was a long pause on the other end of the line. Sarah could hear the sound of breathing, heavy and labored. "Who is this?" she asked, her heart starting to race.


There was another long pause, and then a voice whispered, "I'm coming for you."


Sarah's blood ran cold. She sat up in bed, her heart pounding in her chest. "Who are you?" she demanded, but there was no answer. The line went dead.


Sarah tried to convince herself that it was just a prank call, but she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled over her. She lay back down in bed, but she couldn't sleep. Every little sound made her jump, and she couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching her.


As the night wore on, Sarah became more and more paranoid. She kept checking the locks on the doors and windows, but she couldn't shake the feeling that someone was going to break in.


Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. She got up and walked around the house, checking every room and every closet. But there was no sign of anyone.


As Sarah was about to go back to bed, she heard a noise outside. She looked out the window and saw a figure standing in the shadows. It was too dark to see who it was, but Sarah knew that it was the person who had called her earlier.


She tried to run, but her legs wouldn't move. She was frozen in fear as the figure approached. Finally, it stepped into the light, and Sarah saw that it was a man with a twisted smile on his face.


He lunged at her, and Sarah screamed. She woke up, drenched in sweat. It had all been a nightmare.


But as she lay back down in bed, she heard the phone ring again. She picked it up, her heart pounding in her chest.


"Hello?" she said, her voice shaking.


There was a long pause on the other end of the line. Sarah could hear the sound of breathing, heavy and labored. "I'm

"I'm coming for you," the voice whispered.


Sarah's heart was racing. She knew that it wasn't just a nightmare this time. She tried to hang up the phone, but it wouldn't disconnect.


Suddenly, she heard a loud noise outside. She looked out the window and saw a car parked in front of her house. The headlights were shining directly into her window.


Sarah tried to run, but her legs wouldn't move. She was frozen in fear as the front door burst open. The man from her nightmare was standing in her doorway, his twisted smile still on his face.


He lunged at her, and Sarah screamed. But then she woke up again, drenched in sweat. It had all been another nightmare.


Sarah was too afraid to go back to sleep. She stayed up all night, watching the clock until the sun finally rose.


As soon as it was light outside, Sarah got up and went for a walk. She needed to clear her head and shake off the nightmares.


As she was walking, she saw a man standing on the corner, watching her. It was the same man from her nightmares.


Sarah tried to run, but the man caught up to her. He grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into an alley.


Sarah screamed for help, but no one came. The man had her in his grip, and there was nothing she could do.


Finally, the man spoke. "I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to talk to you."


Sarah was confused. "What do you want?" she asked.


The man looked down at his feet. "I'm your neighbor," he said. "I live in the house next door. I've been trying to get in touch with you for weeks, but you never answer your phone or your door."


Sarah was relieved that the man wasn't there to hurt her. "I'm sorry," she said. "I've been having these nightmares, and I'm really paranoid right now."


The man nodded. "I understand," he said. "But you don't have to be afraid of me. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello."


Sarah smiled weakly. "Thank you," she said. "I'm sorry for overreacting."


The man smiled back. "It's okay," he said. "I'll let you get back to your walk. But if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask."


Sarah watched as the man walked away. She was still

shaking from the encounter, but she felt a little better knowing that the man was just her neighbor.


As she walked back home, she thought about what had happened. She realized that she had been so focused on her own fears and anxieties that she had forgotten about the people around her.


Sarah decided that she needed to start reaching out to others and building connections. She couldn't let her fears control her life.


When she got back to her house, she went inside and called her best friend. They talked for hours, and Sarah felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.


From that day on, Sarah made an effort to be more social and outgoing. She started volunteering at a local charity and joined a book club. She even went on a few dates.


Sarah still had nightmares from time to time, but she was no longer consumed by her fears. She had learned that there was more to life than just being afraid.

​​​​​​​
favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X