×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
Bad blood
G
0
0
0
26
0

swap_vert

David and Emma looked at each other across the table. The young couple were happy: the food was delicious, the light from the candles was soft and the music was perfect. 

David looked at Emma's beautiful smile. All the pain of his last break-up disappeared. All his doubts and fears about love had gone. His hand reached out and touched hers. 

'I want to ask you something.' David searched her eyes. Could she guess what was coming? 

Her smile made him feel brave. She held his hand. 'Don't worry. Whatever it is, I'll probably say yes!' 

He felt so excited. He was about to ask the most important question of his life.

From the corner of the restaurant, a strange man watched them. He sat very still at his table. He held a menu but he wasn't reading it. Instead, his cold eyes looked only at the young couple. 

Back at their table, David suddenly felt nervous. 

'Excuse me,' he said to Emma. He pushed his chair back and went to the toilet. As he looked in the mirror, he told himself: 'Come on, David, come on! You can do this, mate! She's crazy about you!'

Feeling ready, he went out of the bathroom. He almost walked into the extremely tall man who was waiting by the door. The man's eyes were a cold, bright blue. His face was pale with a sharp, pointed nose and thin, pale lips. 

'Oh, sorry!' said David. 

'Which one?' the man hissed. He spoke with a strong and strange accent. David had never heard that accent before.

For a moment, David was confused. Then he realised what the other man meant.

'Oh … this one!' said David, helpfully. 'This is the men's toilet!'

David went back into the restaurant. He reached for the ring in a box in his pocket. It was time to ask her! 

...

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X