×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Anniebananie1252
    Anniebananie1252
    Hello! My name is Anna, and I love reading writing and fangirling.

    “ Stop bullying her.” the councillor said sternly.
    “ I’m not though! I haven’t done anything!” I wanted to say but nothing came out. I couldn’t even nod.
    “ You no longer have the right to talk to her, or even look at her.”

    The rest of this conversation has long ago been erased from my mind. I could even say it was never really fully there, replaced instead by the anger that muted out the rest of her words.

    From my experience there are a lot of emotions, but two stick out to me as the worst. Number one is guilt. Guilt for something that you did. It’s like cutting a wound in yourself then rubbing salt in it, never letting it completely heal.

    The second worst emotion, is anger. I don’t even have to explain why it’s so bad, because its probably the one we remember most. Anger isn’t a long lasting emotion, such at sadness or fear, but when it does strike, it takes over…everything. It some how over rides all of your thoughts, and clears out the rest of your emotions, thus making it an unbearable sensation.

    The ‘her’ that the councillor was referring to was a girl I will never forget. Her name was Aleena and she is the reason for my absolute hate of the word ‘bullying’. It has now lost all meaning, replaced instead by thoughts of anger and disgust in the small world I call my mind.

    It was the beginning of grade six, and I had just found the friends that would later become some of the best people in my life. We would hang out at lunch, and at nut-break. We would sit together in class, and get in trouble for talking. We would travel together in big pack, not knowing that Aleena was trailing behind. We did notice her there, sort of part of our ‘group’ but her presence was often forgotten due to her lack of participation in our conversations. I thought everything was going fine, the year seemed to be going perfectly, until the councillor, came to our class room , and said,
    “ can I please have a word with Anna?”

    I didn’t know at the time, but this conversation would forever fuel my hatred for the idea of a ‘victim’.

    Now the rest of this story doesn't really matter. The only thing you have to know is that I was accused of doing something that I still believe to this day, I didn’t do. The councillor, and the vice principal both told me I was bullying an innocent, shy, girl, because I hadn’t befriended her. It took me three years to let go of my hate and to learn from this experience instead, but the lessons that I now know, are hugely important.

    The first most important lesson that is that stereotypes can affect a person or a situation a lot more than they should.

    Aleena was a sad and friendless girl, who came to the councillor seeking for help. I came to a new school, for the third time in my life, and made some amazing friends.
    The councillor looked at our situations and assumed that Aleena was telling the truth because of the negativity of hers.

    The second lesson I learned was that not everyone is going to like me, and I’m not going to like everyone, and that’s okay. There are more than seven billion people on this earth and I cannot possibly like and be liked by all of them.

    The last lesson that I learned was that eventually no matter what happens, life usually gets better. At the end of the year, the councillor was still on Aleena’s side, but she moved to Saskatchewan, I never saw her again.

    I went through so much with my friends that year and because of Aleena’s false accusations, we remained friends throughout grade seven and eight and now we are inseparable.

    In the summer that followed that school year of lies, I lay in my bed thinking about how this girl had ruined my entire middle school experience, but then it hit me.

    she may have won the battle, but I have won the war.


    My writing journey started like many others. Through the art of reading. I read Divergent by Veronica Roth in my grade 8 year and I absolutely loved it. I laughed, I cried, I yelled. Basically you name an emotion, I was feeling it. Well, this book opened up an entirely new world for me. I guess it started out as an escape.

    The world I was living in seemed to be sucking, so I decided to find a different one. Reading books soon lead me to reading fan fiction and that lead me to writing it, which eventually opened up the doors to writing in general.

    So that's my story, starting from grade 6. I hope you enjoy reading the stories I look forward to sharing with all of you, and I can't wait to read what you guys have written!
    See more
campaign Request update 0
It was raining
PG
578
0
2
1.7K
1

swap_vert

She's gone.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X