×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Greenjay Reader
    Greenjay Reader
    I write once in a while. Read, too.

    My latest projects are Wikipedia-mimic "The Histories of Prokop Lini" and HighFleet fanfiction "The Commoner of the High Fleet". I'm also working on two unlisted works called "The Kind Of Tired Sleep Won't Fix" and "We All Die At Lutkevice". No promises.

    Most of the stuff on my profile is from when I was in high school and/or early college. To be honest, the stuff I wrote and shared kinda makes me cringe these days, but I guess that's just a part of growing up. I disagree with almost all of the opinions and writing styles I had when I was younger, but I'll keep those on my profile for honesty's sake. All the stuff from then is now considered by me to be either complete or discontinued.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
It's an Unending Desert
PG-13 Completed
1.8K
3
9
6.1K
7

The world is torn.

The world used to be a wonderful place. All kinds of animals you can't even imagine eating the greenest of plants. There were once even animals that lived in water.

Then humans came to the world. Humans were needy first, barely surviving, even worse off than we are today. Food was scarce, even scarcer than today. However, people weren't as fierce as they are today...

Humans achieved so much, producing more food than they could consume. They fed a little bit to animals, but that was to fatten the animals so they would have more food.

Eventually, human ambition and greed got the best of us. We used too much of the world's resources. They used to call this world 'Earth' once, you know? This brown stuff called dirt was everywhere. No, not the guy who stole my last jerrycan. Dirt was an asshole. I'm talking about this material, soft, like sand, yet sort of crunchy, but not as hard as bread. It could sprout up these plants of all sorts, green and everything. The kind of green you see on the Crocodiles' emblem, I think. That might still not be as green as plants from the old world, though. ... I'm going off topic, eh? Fine, fine.

Humans siphoned life from the water animals' homes and from the land animals' homes and from the dirt plants' homes. They saw that they used up too many resources, so they thought that if they use more, they can create a solution. Pretty stupid, right? That's like saying since I'm out of water, I should drink more water. Doesn't make sense, unless if you just killed a drifter and took their water...

You know what? The story of humans is a bit long. Long story short, eh? Humans used up everything and now we're stuck in this horrible world. Eleven thousand million people used to live here, now I can only see twenty or thirty in every camp or settlement, and never groups larger than fifteen roaming about. Thousand million? Never heard of that number? It's.. let's see... nine zeroes. Wow! I just realized that's a lot. Damn, people had it good back in the old world.

Anyways, now there's this world. The bastard world, the damned world, the world that people are robbed, raped, and killed in. Bandits and marauders run around like they can take anyone down, and with enough men, they can. We live in this crap world because we were greedy and stupid back in the old world. Back then, things were nice.

But now, it's an endless desert.



Hm? Oh! Whoops, meant unending desert. Eh, whatever, not like there's any enforcers around to make me say the right things.


[prologue]

X