×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
The Puddle
G
1.6K
0
1
877
0

It was nearly midnight,
A little girl at home, watching TV on the couch, she doesn't look so happy, seeing the left side of the couch often and with a deep sigh, she stood up and turned off the TV. She walked towards her room, inbetween she stood, looking at outside. Looks like she's missing something, then walked to her bed and comforted herself with a photograph in her hand. She saw it for a while and with a tear, she closes her eyes, hoping for a relief.

After a while, she heard a bark, didn't opened her eyes at first. But again a bark, she opened her eyes to see her dog barking softly to get her attention. She stood up from her quilt and the dog was brighter than usual and when tried to touch him, he ran away near to the stairs and barked again at her. She didn't think much, bolted after him gigglingly. Followed him to the terrace, he stood there, when she arrived, he barked at the sky.

Chin up to the beautiful clouds that resembles her face with the dog. He ran away, but she was frozen, emotional and joyous at the view, it reminded all the past days. she smiled for a while and came back to sleep. And the next day, the same time nearly midnight, she heard the same bark, this time he guided her to the backyard that was so dark but the dog's halo lightens up. He went near to the tree and barked at her. She was excited  and dig there to find her lost watch, lost it a few months ago, overjoyed to see that, and he ran away while she was enjoying.

And it becomes usual everyday, the dog shows up at night and rejoice her and ran away. One night before her birthday, near to midnight, dog barked at her, but she she couldn't heard his voice in the midnight celebration of her birthday with her family. The dog watched joyfully at her happiness and waited infront of her room for the whole night. 

The next morning, girl dressed like an angel and left to her school walking. The dog followed her back and after some distance he barked, she turned back to see him and she smiled at him, he ran on the opposite direction, she forget about the school and she followed him. Soon after a distance she was stuck infront of the puddle, she missed him. Searching all over for him with her eyes, heard a sudden bark from back and the dog pushed her in to the puddle and he jumped to puddle and splash water on her like playing.  

But her friends and all other watching her lying on the puddle, laughed at her, mocked her and made fun of her. She felt irritated and angry. All her angel dress go in vain, the dog ran away. She came back to home angry and locked the door. She didn't came out from the room. 

In the night, at the same time, the dog barked at her. She was so furious, she didn't wake up from the quilt. But the dog dragged her blankets to get her attention, but she pulled the blanket and shouted at the dog. The dog ran away from her. In the morning when she woke up, she saw the dog sitting infront of her with the photograph of her with the dog. 

But she's still in anger, she didn't considered the dog, and the dog keeps in trying to please her, nothing worked. Soon after some days, the dog stopped barking at her and stopped showing at her. 
It was the golden apparition of her dog who lost its life few months before, it feels like he died only today. Breath is not the life, memory, happiness and love is the life.

After a month, it was a cold night, the girl sat on the couch missing somebody on the left while watching TV. With a deep sigh, she went back to the quilt, she comforted herself and tried closing her eyes that cold night, she… she felt a warmth over her, a little weight over her. It wasn't the blanket, but it's fluffy, golden. She felt the warmth with her hands without opening her eyes, when she opened her eyes, he licked her whole face and ran away, she smiled happily and followed him.


SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE DOGS TO US, WITH NO REASON, WITH NO MOTIVE, WITHOUT GIVING UP, THEY SHOW LOVE UNCONDITIONAL. THEY DONT KNOW HIW TO SHOW THEIR LOVE, THEY THINK YOU'LL LOVE PUDDLE. BUT WE MAY HATE IT. THEY DONT DO TO HURT US, THEY ALWAYS WANT TO MAKE US HAPPY AND ENJOY THE MOMENTS WITH US.

favorite
coins
1 like
Be the first to like this issue!

X