×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    AIKEN
    AIKEN
    醫生|高級講師|企業家|作家|詩人
    電郵:[email protected]|YouTube:youtube.com/@aiken_dao

    在英國倫敦長大,精通多國語言,時常周遊列國,研究當地的歷史、文化和經濟。自小熱愛音樂、文學和戲劇。大學時期毅然選擇從醫。目前致力於臨床、科研和教學的工作。閒時喜歡寫作、攝影和作曲。
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Searching For Global Killers
G Paid content
3.8K
2
2
1.4K
0

As we traverse the annals of human history, it becomes clear that our existence is perpetually shadowed by the relentless battle against diseases. Our adversaries range from the humble common cold to devastating epidemics, each demanding our undivided attention to safeguard our health and well-being. The onset of the modern era, amplified by the global onslaught of SARS-CoV-2, or COVID-19, has intensified this struggle to an unprecedented degree. Amidst these formidable foes, antimicrobial resistance emerges as a particularly menacing spectre threatening to upheave the foundations of modern medicine, specifically in vital sectors such as surgery and trauma care.

The potential ramifications of neglecting the issue of antimicrobial resistance are truly alarming. In the not-too-distant future, we might witness a grim reality where infectious diseases claim more lives than cancer or vehicular accidents. The scenario evolves from the increasing impotence of our current arsenal of antibiotics against common infections, inevitably augmenting the incidence of morbidity and mortality from post-surgical complications. Failure to address this looming crisis could send us spiralling back into a medical dark age, where even minor surgeries carry a mortal risk, and everyday infections incite dread.

This book, while not designed to forge you into an expert, endeavours to shed light on the mystifying realm of infectious diseases. It navigates through the labyrinth of the most virulent and perilous pathogens, including viruses and bacteria, that have unleashed pandemics and epidemics across the epochs.

As we journey through these chapters, we will uncover the origins and propagation of these afflictions, their societal ramifications, and the relentless human endeavour to counter them. You will find glimpses into cutting-edge research and advancements in infectious diseases, spotlighting the ongoing quest for efficacious treatments and preventative vaccines.

This literary journey serves as a historical tour of infectious diseases and a clarion call for collective action against these global assassins. It underscores the vitality of public health initiatives and the pivotal role we all play in thwarting the proliferation of diseases.

It is my fervent hope that you will find this book an enthralling and enlightening exploration and that it will galvanize you to become an active participant in the universal campaign against infectious diseases.

Read the whole book: HK$1000
X