×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    James Scott
    James Scott
    Here is a list of contact information in all other forms of media I use-

    Twitter: @piecesofjames
    Tumblr: @piecesofjamesscott
    Instagram: @pukejesus666
    v My Booksie Account v
    www.booksie.com/james_scott
    v Penana Profile I Share With My Wife v
    www.penana.com/user/2543/mr-mrs-jamesscott




    -I am an American author/writer of all things fiction.

    -There are two genres of fiction that have become typical for me to write in- one being Science Fiction; the other being a genre that I myself have created, a genre I call Southern Fringe Fiction.

    -I have a brand new three part novel written titled DEATH INC. Only a soft-release has been made public. The soft-release includes a detailed description of the first part of the novel and the first two chapters- this can all be found on this Penana profile as well as my Booksie profile. The official release of DEATH INC. will come in the very near furture. An official release date has not been made public.

    My most notable work:
    •The Colony (Award Winning-Critically Acclaimed)
    •Stories of Southern Fringe (collection of short stories)
    •Oh, God! This Is It! [b-sides] (collection of short stories)


    My current work status is 100% busy!
    I am currently juggling a number of different things, such as-
    •Wrapping up the planning and final details before the first part of my novel can be released.
    •Continuing the 50/50 novel colab I am co-writing my wife- a project which requires me to write half of the material, and do all the edits/rewrites for both of our material.
    •Keeping my Tumblr blog up to date with fresh content, regularly. I strive to have a new, well-written blog post filled with interesting material completed and posted once a week. This comes as a challenge for me some weeks due to my work schedule. I refuse to just throw together material quickly and half-assed in order to have something to post- I take great pride in my blogging and i will only post original material that I'm proud of, so that I can honestly proclaim to everyone that my newest blog post is truly a "good read".
    •Keeping all medias used in constant promotional mode- pushing the best/latest material, making sure all profiles are displaying up to date information following any recent changes.

    ^And when I'm not doing any of this^
    I am either...
    •studying or practicing my abilities edit/rewrite (which I am eager to perfect) •jotting down various ideas
    •writing new flash to add to my collection
    •researching one random thing- which will presently hold no importance. I will research and study this one thing until I know it-understand it-commit it to memory

    Or maybe I am feverishly filling the pages of a notebook; trying to manually work out something that got stuck while forming in my mind- an idea, thought, understanding, description, sentence, correct pronunciation, correct annunciation, chain of events, detail..anything..etc.. By writing it out as my articulation grinds gears with whatever it is I'm trying work out, I am able to visually see my thought process on paper in front of me, which provides me the means to grasp my goal in understanding. Sometimes things will form in my mind out of order, I can always use the writings to backtrack and reference back to important thoughts which may have passed through my mind at the wrong time, or in the incorrect order.



    See more
campaign Request update 0
Getting The Full Experience
PG
1.2K
0
0
2.0K
1

CAUTION!!!

STORY CONTAINS EXTREME VIOLENCE and SENSITIVE SUBJECT MATTER!!!


I've touched many subjects as a writer. I've always tried to not write about the same thing twice. This can be challenging after a while, especially when you're number one rule is "write what you know". In an attempt to spawn inspiration, I'd off-handedly asked my wife to tell me the "fringiest" topic she could come up with. Her answer was domestic violence. I immediately saw the hordes possibilities, I could go many different ways with that. I just started writing aimlessly, and this is what I came up with..

A story of brutal brutal domestic violence between a husband and wife. The entire story is based on a timeline of about 3-5 seconds, and is in the literary perspective of a woman who is being savagely beaten by her husband. There's a little back story, and the ending is left open to interpretation.


favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X