×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
What To See In Corfu
PG
0
0
0
1.1K
0

swap_vert

Welcome to Corfu Island

Corfu also known as Kerkyra is a very popular summer holiday destination in Greece that attracts millions of locals and tourists from around the world each year. Located in the northern Ionian Sea it is easily accessible by plane and by boat. Corfu International Airport that is just 2 km away from town caters to both domestic and international flights. Corfu Port also in close proximity to the town hosts cruise ships from around the world and ferries from the mainland Greece.

The island of Corfu is well-known for its history, culture and traditional values. Whoever has visited this gorgeous island has left with unforgettable memories and experiences, ones that you would love to repeat. Corfu has everything and anything one could ask for from a holiday destination including a warm Mediterranean climate, beautiful beaches, picturesque seaside villages, breathtaking views, delicious cuisines and warm heartfelt hospitality.

Visit all the Sites in Corfu Town

In 2007 the Old Town of Corfu was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List because of its outstanding universal value. This impressive unique town is surrounded by the Ionian Sea and two ancient fortresses that protect its entrances. Voyage through the narrow cobbled stone streets that offer nostalgic images from the past. Admire the fascinating Venetian architecture, the elegant mansions and lovely stone arches. Stop and enjoy one of the many museums of history and art located in town. Next visit the local shops, sit at a cafe or bakery and try the exquisite Greek pastries. Also taste the delicious cuisine and local wine at any of the restaurants or taverns.

Be sure to visit all the sites including the Mon Repos Palace, the beautiful Achilleion Palace and Kanoni that features amazing views of Pontikonisi Island, the most photographed spot in Corfu. A must see is the ancient city of Korkyra also known as Palaiopolis, an archeological site surrounded by the ruins of ancient walls, temples, and historic monuments.


How to Get Around in Corfu

The best way to explore and discover the gorgeous Greek island of Corfu is with a rent a car so you can come and go as you please to any and all destinations you desire. Avoid the hassle of waiting for a bus or taxi at the airport or port. Once you arrive to the island, pick-up your Corfu car rental  from one of the many rent a car agencies including Hertz, Avis, Budget and Imperial Car Rental so you can begin your journey in Corfu. Also save some money by reserving your Corfu rent a car in advance. If you don’t know your way around you can request that a GPS be included in your car rental.

Enjoy your vacation on the enchanting island of Corfu! It will be an experience you will want to repeat because it will be unforgettable!

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X