×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Anonymous_Author
    Anonymous_Author
    I'm not gonna lie, some of my profile information is fudged so nobody I know will find me. Hit me up if you want me to beta read for you or just need a friend/someone to talk to. I love to read and write and will try to upload regularly. I'm a huge nerd and fan of The Hunger Games, Divergent, Harry Potter, The Fault in our Stars, Looking for Alaska, The Cellar, and many more.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
The Empty Space
PG-13
271
0
0
879
0

swap_vert

Ashley was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer, that is sure to lead her to her death, at age 15. She was orphaned when her mother died only a week and a half after taking her home from the hospital. Her father had abandoned them the moment he found out about his daughter.

She is the government's responsibility now. Ashley has been dealing with so many new drug trials in an attempt to cure her that she's barely left the hospital since diagnosed.  Every time one trial was deemed ineffective, another was already there for her to try.  She was the government's guinea pig. Anything to stay alive, right? To be honest, she wouldn't mind dying right about now.

Ashely was only able to keep two friends from school, Tyler and Trenton. She met Amanda in the hospital a year ago and, since then, the four have been inseparable.  Though Trenton and Tyler are perfectly healthy, they are still bullied at school for being friends with "that cancer girl," but they don't mind, calming Ashley down when she threatens to go "beat them until their guts are spilling from their anuses." 

Now 17, almost 18, she is a strong, feisty young woman, ready to take on anyone, if her body would let her.  On top of her deadly illness, her treatment and care will be cut off in a few weeks when she turns 18.  

All is as good as it can be when you live with a cancer that is sure to kill you until tragedy strikes her in the way she didn't expect.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X