×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Akhilles
    Akhilles
    Hello and welcome to my page! I have been writing for nearly 10 years now, but I have always been nervous about putting forth my own work. And so, I present to you Helios, an episodic adventure that I hope you will enjoy reading.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Helios
PG-13
33.1K
2
22
6.4K
14

Welcome to the world of Helios!

A few words before you set your eyes on this fantastical mystery journey.

1) I love mythology. Greek, Norse, Celtic, Egyptian, Hindu, Chinese, Slavic, and any other versions in existence. I wanted to envision a world where popular mythological entities – gods, as they are called – live in modern times. However, most mythologies are have already been explored, even Slavic (hint: The Witcher games and now, the TV series). It wasn't until I was revisiting an old movie, In the Heat of the Night, starring Sidney Poitier, that it struck me; African mythology. I love Sidney Poitier's character. He doesn't try to shoe that he is funny or loud. He is smart, charismatic, confident, and suave. And let's not forget the fact that Sidney Poitier is handsome. Boy, that man's charisma is so magnetic, he can flip the Earth's geomagnetic field. The main character of my book takes a little inspiration from Sidney Poitier's character.

2) This story isn't about characters who grow so strong that they can punch a hole through the universe. It isn't Dragonball Z. The story is a mystery novel. And like a mystery, you are presented with a piece of the puzzle at a time that raises a lot of questions. The more pieces you add, the more the world reveals itself. Of course, where there are gods, there are going to be powers too!

3) Finally, thank you for stopping by. You have taken a time out of your day to read this book. And that is a win in my books, no pun intended. Please consider supporting the book by subscribing to it. I am still exploring and improving my writing skills, so I humbly seek your apology for any awkward phrasing or mistakes you might stumble across. I am doing my best to give you a story with colorful characters, an incredible world, and of course, plenty of twists and turns.

I update the book every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading Helios. Hope you enjoy the ride.

- Akhil Kumar

X