×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    fict34
    fict34
    I am a college student who deals with the wonderful world of math and physics by day and by night writes and reads stories that deal with the fantastical, strange, and magical to break free of the monotony of exams and papers.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
The Era of the Red Dawn
PG-13
8.1K
6
21
5.4K
15

To the far West lay the Barbarian Lands, to the North of us lies the Northmen of the Scandinavian Empire, and to the East lays the Qing Dynasty of El-Sin. On all sides we are bombarded by enemies and within, rebellion threatens. My brother has been named heir, but he is one who has never known war and prefers the company of youths to women and squanders this Empire’s wealth for his own pleasure. Yet because I am younger and my mother a mere concubine of questionable birth, they say I cannot vie for power. They say that it was Allah’s will that I should stand back and allow my brother to be sultan.

And yet, my talent is greater than his.

My strength is more powerful than his.

My wit is quicker than his.

And my blood is the same noble one of our father’s.

My name is Altan, I am a prince to the great Ottoman Empire, and this is my story.

X