×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    mai
    mai
    #LGBTQIA+ #BLM Hi! I’m Maile, Mai for short. Writing is one of the things I enjoy doing in my free time, and pretty much the only thing getting me through this quarantine.

    I am extremely inactive on this account, and update much more often on Wattpad.

    Wattpad account: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Mayyyyyyyllllllly
    See more
campaign Request update 0
The Mutated
PG-13
4.2K
1
4
1.6K
0

Five years ago, a lab assistant in Georgia managed to create a mutation that could travel from the DNA of a mosquito to a DNA cell of a human.

When told to destroy the cell for fear of peoples safety, he refused, breeding mosquitoes with the mutation and sending them out.

The first wave of panic spread when citizens learned the mutation had spread, the second, a tsunami of terror when scientists realized the DNA cell effected was only preset in people under the age of twenty-five. 

In a desperate attempt to protect their children, adults began staying at home, avoiding contact with the outside world. 

Through many distanced meetings, the government decided the best way to avoid this crisis would be to round up all the people who develop the mutation, keeping them secured in special facilities.

When a group of twenty-year-old's escaped however, they realized it wouldn't be so easy to control this virus they fittingly named Extirpation Alteration 45.

Deciding it was the only way to save the human race, the president payed for every adult over the age of thirty to join his in a newly built space station, issuing that anyone who couldn't leave their children behind would have to stay.

Now, in 2050, Tate Stevens is prepared to fix the problem her parents were too cowardly to face.

With her group of truly useless teenage companions, can Tate help the others and save the world from destruction?

________________________________________

The screams were alive, sharpening my senses and making the hair on my arms raise in anticipated fear.

Every year it happened. Another member of our small group would start developing the mutation, leaving the rest of us worried about who would reach the dreaded 'age' next and be lost forever.

Last time it was Charlie White. Now as Rebecca screamed and tore at the chains wrapped around her chest, I finally understood why Katy was so wary about accepting stray children.

After the adults left, we lost structure. We lost understanding. We began to lose ourselves.

That's when I decided that I would bring them back. All of them.

Every child was going to come back home again, and I would make it happen.

favorite
coins

X