×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Auto For Trade
    Auto For Trade
    Are you looking to purchase best quality trade-in vehicles online then Auto For Trade is a correct place for you. We bargain in utilized vehicles worldwide to offer best rate around the world.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
This Is How A Reversible Lane Works On The Road
PG
464
0
0
2.2K
0

swap_vert

At certain times, the number of cars on a road exceeds its capacity. For these cases, the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT) has a tool that helps smooth traffic by avoiding traffic jams ... especially in special times marked by numerous trips by auto for trade that generate congestion on highways and urban environments. This is how a reversible lane works on the road.

As it is a part of the road that is not the usual one, there are a series of special rules that must be taken into account to circulate on a reversible lane and these riles were research  They are guidelines that affect access, maximum speed or signaling, among others. Ignoring these guidelines is a serious offense so take note.

Access a reversible lane

In order to be able to join this part of the road, we will have access specially enabled by traffic agents. Normally it will be located in a median that does not have barriers and that is where the maintenance workers and the authorities will proceed to signal the entrance to the reversible lane.

How to use a reversible lane

Taking into account that we are going to (legally) invade the opposite lane and that, for several kilometers, the only thing that will separate us from the vehicles that circulate in the other direction is a row of cones ... we will have to follow some rules to maintain the safety of all present.

  • Access: only motorcycles and cars can enter. For the rest it is prohibited, including those cars that have a trailer. 
  • Lights: we will always have to turn on the short-range or low beam light, regardless of whether it is day or night. This rule is applicable to adjoining lanes.
  • Speed: the normal thing is that there is only one lane enabled and in this case, we must maintain a speed between 60 and 80 km / h.
  • Overtaking: this maneuver is completely prohibited as you cannot break the cone line or invade the opposite lane.
  • Safety distance: taking into account the circumstances of the movement , the safety distance to the vehicle ahead of us must be respected to the letter.

Reversible lane in the city

Reversible lanes also exist in cities: probably in some of the wider avenues you will have seen broken lines and arrows that indicate both directions. They are the areas designed to decongest traffic at certain times or at specific times.

In this case, the lanes will be regulated by the traffic lights that are installed in the arches located on the road and, unlike what happens on interurban roads, there are no specific regulations. The guidelines that you must follow will be those set by the regulations for circulation within the town. 

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X