×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    ThisIsMyBrain
    ThisIsMyBrain
    My interests are Music and Drama, and I'm a young budding actress, but I also love writing stories! All of them are my passion!
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Warrior
PG-13
3.4K
1
2
1.4K
0

No part of this story may be reproduced or copied without the consent of the author. Any text underneath this story is under United States and United Kingdom law. The content of the story cannot be published or altered in any way. Any violation of this can be punishable by law.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ©

PG 13 for strong language and mature content.



Warrior


"Put me to the  test,
I'll prove that I am strong
Won't let myself believe
That what we feel is wrong"

- Warrior, Beth Crowley 


They say the accidental gas bombing of our Earth was terrible. Only the lucky survived, and were sent on a rocket ship to Mars, where there was already a secret starship set up, with enough resources to survive and set up a whole new place to live. And here we are, several generations later, alive but barely.
 
When the door opened, I felt like vomiting out everything I had left. It still didn’t feel like the time to die yet. The doctor sat next to me, and got something out from his luggage, something that was going to rid all of me.
 
“Tessa Hope Newton, aged 16” I daren’t look at the needle that was going to kill me. There was a pinch on my left wrist, oh no. Goodbye life. “Finished” The Doctor said, and got up. On my arm was a pill inside my wrist which was merely visible, and flashing a red light.
 
“Um, what is this?” I asked.
 
“Your investigator” He stated.
 
“Why have I got one?” And that’s when everything became black.
 

*
 

What felt like an eternity later, I woke up, feeling very drowsy? A seatbelt strapped me to my seat, and there were many other kinds waking up in front of me, also waking up. 
 
“Hello to all on the rocket ship,” A voice said, and I saw Dictator Smith on a screen. “If you’re on the ship, you have committed a crime before the age of eighteen. What you have to do now will be rewarding, and fail to do so, the punishment will be severe.”
 
“What the hell does that mean?” Someone shouted out.
 
“You have all been chosen to set up Earth again, be the first ever to enter Earth again. We are sure the radiation is gone from Earth, making it safe to live in. Therefore, you are being sent to set up Earth again, and make it re habitat again.  The rewards will be promising: Live your life on Earth when the others get there and all your crimes will be forgiven. Fail to do so, there will be punishment.”
 
“You’re kidding me?” Another exclaimed loudly. I was in shock; they actually trusted us to go to Earth?
 
“Get to the underground base, as soon as possible. Good luck and I hope to see you again” That’s when the screen went blank.
 
“Is this some complete and utter bull-“
 
“Hey, language! There’s some kids here” A girl shouted back, and looked at the frightened kids in pity. It made me sick, how could they use children for this?
 
 
Soon, the chatter spread like wildfire. Some were extremely scared and looking around the underage criminals nervously. Others were laughing and chattering excitedly, knowing it was their chance to live again.
 
“I hate this” I heard a girl mutter.
 
“Glad I’m not the only one” I said to her.
 
“Hey. I’m Amy” She greeted, and took her hand out.
 
“Tessa” I took her hand and shook it.
 
“This is a suicide mission” Amy said.
 
“True. What’s your story? How’d you get arrested?”
 
“I assaulted a guard,” Amy shrugged, and said it like it was the most natural thing to say. “What’s your story?”
 
“Um…”
 
“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t have to” Amy added.
 
“I’ve actually been there since for two years,” I admitted. “Since I was arrested for my parent’s crimes, which was treason.”
 
“Wow,” Amy was speechless. “I have no idea how you went that long and didn’t go insane,” She paused for a bit, “You’re not insane are you?”
 
“No!” I laughed.
 
“Oh, thank goodness-“
 
“Hey, look!” We all saw the big blue planet, which now looked huge. Blimey, it’s got a lot of blue! From our starship in Mars, the Earth was just a white dot, with the moon even a smaller white dot. From now, the Moon was in a spectacular view, looking bright and round. Jeez, and they said our ancestors actually stepped on the surface!
 
“Okay, buckle up. We’re about to straight fall into Earth, there’s gravity there” I warned, but some people were already out of their seats, floating about on the zero gravity.
 
“Hey, guys! Unless you don’t get back on your seat again, you’re about to get crushed like a watermelon by all the gravity we get when we make our crash landing into the ground!” I shouted. They still ignored me.
 
“All these people are going to get splattered across the floor when we reach the ground” I predicted. And as I did, our starship suddenly went faster and faster, and it took a moment for everyone to realize that we were making our dramatic crash to Mother Earth. The starship went super fast now, and we could see some clouds by now, but it still didn’t stop the heart in my throat feeling I had inside. Some of the little kids were still bawling their eyes out, not knowing what was going on.
 
 
Some bumpy minutes later, we finally made our ungraceful splat into somewhere. The floating bodies were now dead and laying on the floor. We all took our seatbelts off and looked at each other, all conversation was dead, and everybody was quiet, until somebody had to tear it.
 
“Well, isn’t someone going to open the door?” A male’s voice said. I looked at him, recognizing him a little bit. It was Logan, from two years ago, from school!
 
“You don’t know there could still be gas out there” Someone said.
 
“For fuck’s sake,” Logan kicked the door two times, and slowly stepped outside. “It’s safe!” That made everyone excited, and they rushed to see outside. Logan still had a snappy mouth, I thought.
 
“Tessa, are you going to come outside? Look, it’s raining!” Amy laughed and looked up and the water pouring from the sky. I ran outside, and felt the cooling water on my skin, which was very refreshing.
 
“Tess?” Logan was behind me, I hear him. “Aren’t you that girl from my class two years ago?”
 
“Yeah,” I turned around to face him. “It’s me.”
 
He chuckled. “You caused quite a commotion when you were arrested. Who would’ve thought out of all the people there, you’d be the one to get arrested.
 
“All of that stuff, it never happened,” I sighed. “New home, new beginning. How’d you get on this starship here?”
 
“Theft,” Logan replied casually, and saw my nervous expression. “It was food my little sister, okay?” Huh? I didn’t know he had a sister.
 
“Logan? Logan!” It must’ve been his little sister, crying from inside the starship. Logan rushed inside to comfort her.
 
“Tessa, could you get a med kit? Its inside” Amy called. I stomped inside, to see Logan sitting down with his sister.
 
“Gwen, it’s okay” Was most of the words I could hear him saying. Reaching the med kit, I was about to leave, but the scene was too cute to not see.
 
“I want to go home” Gwen sniffed. She looked like the cutest girl ever, only looked about six years old, and her hair was dark brown in a fringe, and her eyes were so grey and mysterious. Maybe it’s because of what our ancestors said as ‘Eyes are the windows to our souls’.
 
“Are you going to go, or just stare at us?” Logan snapped.
 
“Sorry,” I blushed, and went outside once more, and handed it to Amy, who was treating an ill patient. “I didn’t know you could heal people.”
 
“My parents are doctors” Amy said.
 
“What’s that?” I curiously asked to the thing she was currently using.
 
“Stitches,” She replied. “The ancestors used it before. You sew up the skin together.”
 
“Ew! I’m not sure I want to know anymore,” That was disgusting, how could they use that before? “Besides, remember what the dictator said? We have to go to that underground base. It’ll have the things we need to survive.”
 
“How’re we going to go? There’s no map or anything?”
 
“Think again,” Dark hair flashed in my eyes. “I found this on the abandoned building.”
 
“Well done Joe” Amy muttered.
 
“Why the hell did you go inside an abandoned building?” I scolded. “There could be anything there.”
 
“Oh please,” He scoffed. “If there was, they’d be dead. And look at the map. We landed into England. Explains why it’s rainy.”
 
“There’s one marked ‘Underground. B. And it has directions.”
 
“Great, let’s go then!”
 
“Hold your horses,” I stopped. “I told you, there could be anything out there. We at least need more people.”
 
 
**
 
“Why the hell did you bring me?” Logan groaned.
 
“You want to find food, don’t you?” Logan nodded at Amy. “Good, now does anyone have a cork? I need to shut Logan’s stupid gob of his.”
 
“Ha!” We all laughed.
 
“Well, I still need to look after Gwen.”
 
“Please, they’re all too scared of you,” I said. “They know what you can do if someone hurts Gwen.”
“That’s right.”
 
“Joe, could you stop that?” Joe was singing some lullaby to comfort him.
 
“I always sing crappy songs to myself when I’m nervous” He admitted.
 
“It’s true” Amy looked tired. “I knew him before. He’s always singing weird lullabies and old songs passed on my generations. You get used to it in a while.”
 

“I’m questioning myself on why I agreed to go with you” Logan complained.
 

“And I’m questioning myself on my I asked you to come with us.”

X