×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
Mana Whisperer
PG-13
6.5K
1
0
3.1K
0

Honestly, this story came to me as a result of reading an innumerable amount of chinese novels, mainly Xianxia novels. As an avid fan of Arthurian (and every other knight-related tale's) lore, I decided to hybridize the two concepts; knights that grow based on the Xianxia-cultivation-path, seven continents to explore, the whole gamut of magic constructions, alchemic brews of both elixir-like and magic-like elements, and more. From spirits that represent a part of nature to more, the camera pans to the continent of Valharden, which sets the stage for our intrepid hero.


Synopsis:
From a dimensional crack, an infant without 'destiny' attached to it arrives in the continent--and High Kingdom, by proxy an empire of sorts--of Valharden, offsetting the balance of the world. Here, magic is very real. From the many powers that be to the family that he makes along the way, Julian Eques sets out on a perilous path fraught with dangers. With emotion as the usual catalyst to magic, the people that inhabit the land he walks are a danger unmatched.

Dangers that threaten to consume not only him, but also the things that he value--principles, bonds, nature; everything that enables the world to subsist and exist in an orderly fashion--constantly hang around him like a doom cloud. In a land never truly at peace, where power is truth, he steps forth to make his mark.

Perhaps one that lasts forever.

Additional info:

Most of the story will be unraveled as I go, but I believe it has a slow start, and since this is my absolute first "published" work, I can't guarantee consistent, stellar performances every time, but I hope I will ease into the life of a novelist! Go easy on me, but don't hesitate to provide negative/constructive feedback on one of your pet peeves.

Links to places I publish at:

http://forum.wuxiaworld.com/discussion/3241/mana-whisperer-chapter-1#latest

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/7482

http://www.penana.com/story/9257/mana-whisperer/

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X