×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
The Dark Carnival
PG-13
910
1
1
626
3

- author, Matthew baker. This story is about two middle school kids going into a dark and abandoned carnival and finding something waiting in the darkness. Chapter 1. Hi, my name is Mark and this is a story about how I escaped the dark carnival. It all started as a normal day getting ready for school with my best friend Jason. I and Jason have been good friends since kindergarten but all friendships start like that. But how we met was more exotic; we were enemies before, but we became friends. He was the school troublemaker while I was the good kid. We don't see things eye to eye most of the time, but that's what's fun we can learn a thing or two about ourselves. I wanted to meet up with Jason but couldn’t until I spotted him on the third street down. So I rushed to catch up with him and ask if he did his homework for Mrs. Keen. He told me the same thing, of course, but I know he didn’t because he never does. We rushed to school before the bell would ring but we were unsuccessful. We were notified by the teacher to have detention but we didn’t get called out for it. Guess we’re lucky because we have a good teacher who doesn’t care if we are here on time but only cares when we come to school. After the first period, Jason met up with me at our locker. Claiming that we should go to an abandoned carnival. I thought it was a bad idea because we could get caught, but I had no choice because Jason always called me a scary cat. After all, I don’t do things “Fun” so I said yes; he told me to meet him at the gate of the carnival at midnight so we could sneak out of our houses. It’s around midnight and I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. But I can only think of Jason calling me a cat. So I went off to meet up with Jason at the gates of the location he told me to meet at. I arrive at the gate but no one is in sight, not even a car, or anything. It feels like a horror movie came to life. I waited over 5 minutes and still no one I tried to call Jason, but he didn’t pick up so I waited longer, then suddenly I heard a disturbing sound like someone was breathing down my neck. I turned around quickly and then nothing. No one behind me, it's probably my brain playing tricks on me, but that's not what it felt like it was real, was it?

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X