×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Heminor
    Heminor
    University student in the midst of one of two states of being - procrastination, or grasping at productivity.
    Being the quiet thing I have become, my use of language has deteriorated as of late. It is my goal to reclaim at least some of it through practice!

    When I get sucked into a good book, I won't leave the comfort of a blanket or my room for sometimes days on end, foregoing as much of real life as can be managed in favour of immersion in a whole new world. Fiction books are a dangerous drug...
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Kingdom Fanfic
PG-13
6.3K
2
7
4.1K
7

"Wise Rulers know that their kingdom will fall, Brave Rulers do not despair. Great Rulers know that their riches can rule, and spend every coin with great care."

The fight against greed in the world has been lost. Remnants of pure humanity are scattered far and few between, cowering in despair in the wake of the monstrous forces of the Greed. A lone Queen, however, with a golden crown atop her head, riding her steed with incomparable majesty, represents a new Hope to the common people, uniting them under one banner, giving them the courage and strength that they need in order to fight the Greed which has subjugated and forced them into squalor for so long. 


This is the story of the beautiful pixelated side-scroller Kingdom: New Lands, which I highly recommend (and is worth the price tag) finally told with words instead of pixels and music. Where did they characters come from? What is their story? What are the mysterious origins of the Queen? All of these questions and more answered.

It is not imperative that you have to have played the game, but I suggest that players of the game read this, because much of the references will not make sense otherwise. I have kinda built it form the ground up theough, so it is also a story in its own right, meaning you can read it without knowledge of the game quite easily. This work of fiction will incorporate not only characters, but also the very gameplay mechanics themselves. Even if you've never played the game, perhaps look up the mechanics on Wikipedia, or watch a YouTuber do a playthrough, if you're interested. Still, though, I highly recommend spending the few hours and $15.

Also if you liked this story, please give a thumbs up and subscribe. I really appreciate it.

*Kisses fist* Brofist

X