×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Electrica
    Electrica
    Hi, I originally come from Commaful. Their website is coming to a close and was seeking to find a new website, until I landed on Penana. I am really excited to be part of this community.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
The Ocean was Calling me
PG
28
0
0
144
0

swap_vert

I had always lived by the ocean. My dad had owned the lighthouse. I barely left though. I was mostly cooped up in the house doing chores daily. 

I breathed in the air of salt water. I had lived in this same old lighthouse for my whole life. I lived here with my dad and older brother. The ocean waves crashed against our lighthouse as the wind breezed through my hair.  “Kenia, Kota. I'm going sailing today. There’s a list of chores for you to do on the fridge. The list read “Kenia, by groceries. Kota clean our sailboat.” My task was easy enough. I put on my black sweater and jeans shorts right before I strolled out of the house. 

It was nice to get out of the lighthouse every once in a while. Normally dad never lets us leave, but we were short on bread so he made an exception. When I arrived at “Benny’s Bakery” a fresh batch of wheat bread had just been pulled out of the oven. The scent of the perfectly cooked bread pulled me towards the counter. Next thing I knew I left the bakery with my wheat bread. 

My eyes drifted off into space as I thought about the nice chewy bread. My feet dusted along the gravel path right before my feet tripped. I went flying through the air; expecting to land on hard rock I was disappointed. Quickly I realized I had just landed on the most gorgeous boy. The most gorgeous eyes greeted me right before concerns flooded him. 

“Are you okay, miss?” the gorgeous boy asked. “Yes,” I said and shook the feeling out of my head right before I quickly walked away. 

Once I arrived home I had millions of questions spinning in my mind. “Who was that boy, did he fall out of some movie, did he catch me on purpose?” The questions hung in my head like a dead body. For the rest of the day I was zoned out, all I could think about was him. 

The next day I tried to leave the lighthouse, but my dad was strict as always. I longed to leave the lighthouse to have another glimpse at the boy. “Why did I leave so quickly?” I cried. 

I was on the balcony filled with overwhelming thoughts. The breeze hit me again. The ocean spoke to me. The ocean was calling me. My emotions turned as the wind grew stronger, next thing I knew, I was screaming. The waves had risen higher and I was soaked to the bone. My hair had come undone as a wave grew bigger and then splashed on me. Tiny water droplets poured down like never before slashing at my skin. A gulp of fresh air was in my lungs just before I fell into the ocean. 

I sank like a rock, fighting to get my head above the surface. Then almost instantly relaxing.

The cute boy, the wheat bread, had this all been a dream?

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X