×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
Hoist The Colours
R
1.5K
0
0
2.4K
0

❝The king may rule the kingdom, but it's the queen who moves the board.❞ - D.M. Timney

Thrust into an all-new adventure, the fourteenth Duke of Monmouth, Nathaniel Osborne feels the winds of ill fortune blowing stronger than ever when he and his manservant, Benson, are forced to board one of the most feared pirate ships ever to sail the Caribbean, The Devil's Chariot.

{ Cover by @jakepatt }






**********************************************************************

A little about 'Hoist The Colours'


True Story : In the 1950s a group of students from the university of Glasgow drove down to London, broke into Westminster Abbey, stole the coronation stone (The stone of destiney) and returned it to its rightful place, Scotland. Upon hearing this story on the news, a poet immediately put pen to paper and wrote this epic 25 verse Gaelic reel called 'Oran na Cloiche' (Song of the stone) 

Growing up my mum would sing loads of traditional Gaelic songs and this one was one of my favourites. Recently I heard a cover on YouTube by a Scottish singer named Kathleen MacInnes where she sang Oran na Cloiche and It just inspired me to write a song about adventure and action and pirates...


The full work is on wattpad if you want to read on i will link my profile : 

Wattpad username : jessie-bear

www.wattpad.com/user/jessie-bear

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X