At certain times, the number of cars on a road exceeds its capacity. For these cases, the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT) has a tool that helps smooth traffic by avoiding traffic jams ... especially in special times marked by numerous trips by auto for trade that generate congestion on highways and urban environments. This is how a reversible lane works on the road.copyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡirBUYXcCNw
As it is a part of the road that is not the usual one, there are a series of special rules that must be taken into account to circulate on a reversible lane and these riles were research They are guidelines that affect access, maximum speed or signaling, among others. Ignoring these guidelines is a serious offense so take note.copyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡBSi5XM05Ho
Access a reversible lanecopyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡ1mDbOqvuyC
In order to be able to join this part of the road, we will have access specially enabled by traffic agents. Normally it will be located in a median that does not have barriers and that is where the maintenance workers and the authorities will proceed to signal the entrance to the reversible lane.copyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡOXRXbQyLOE
How to use a reversible lanecopyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡPz0Pr3OmJd
Taking into account that we are going to (legally) invade the opposite lane and that, for several kilometers, the only thing that will separate us from the vehicles that circulate in the other direction is a row of cones ... we will have to follow some rules to maintain the safety of all present.copyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡT0LzU62k28
- Access: only motorcycles and cars can enter. For the rest it is prohibited, including those cars that have a trailer.
- Lights: we will always have to turn on the short-range or low beam light, regardless of whether it is day or night. This rule is applicable to adjoining lanes.
- Speed: the normal thing is that there is only one lane enabled and in this case, we must maintain a speed between 60 and 80 km / h.
- Overtaking: this maneuver is completely prohibited as you cannot break the cone line or invade the opposite lane.
- Safety distance: taking into account the circumstances of the movement , the safety distance to the vehicle ahead of us must be respected to the letter.
Reversible lane in the citycopyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡBxOUErwMVB
Reversible lanes also exist in cities: probably in some of the wider avenues you will have seen broken lines and arrows that indicate both directions. They are the areas designed to decongest traffic at certain times or at specific times.copyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡFTremexgNl
In this case, the lanes will be regulated by the traffic lights that are installed in the arches located on the road and, unlike what happens on interurban roads, there are no specific regulations. The guidelines that you must follow will be those set by the regulations for circulation within the town. copyright protection125ＰＥＮＡＮＡwyypazl6C3ns22.214.171.124da2