×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    autumnfrond
    autumnfrond
    They whispered of the secret lives
    Of rain dappled butterflies,
    But never was the one who was so unwise,
    As to weave herself a fateful spell:
    Into the ether and outside of time!
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Het: The Monarch Fae Prince
R
4.9K
0
0
318
0

It's the year 1966, and it's been thirty-three years since the Fae came down from their hidden, ancient civilization on the Moon and, after secret peace talks with President Eisenhower, they were accorded a strip of territory along the West Coast; under one condition: The Fae build a great Wall.

Roughly twenty years after the rate of Fae murders cause a mass exodus of the Fae folk from the rest of the United States, Het Huntson, a half-Human, half-Fae, "Mutt", has to come into his own on the Human side of the Wall. 

Trapped since as far back as he can remember, in the Boy's Ranks of a corrupt mental institution by the name of Shepphard Reft, Het is forced to adopt a life of trickery and deceit in order to survive.

With the arrival of a new Nurse, a young woman he nicknames "Nurse Babe", he begins to find hope of survival. Of freedom.

But, can he escape his fate when--as the ancient Queen of the Fae is dying--he begins to sprout wings from between his shoulder blades? Nobody ever told him that only five female Fae ever grew wings at a rare time, once every couple thousand years or so; at the end of the old Fae Monarch's life.

Join Het as he sets out on a quest to connect with his cloudy past in a hunt for an identity that leads him to confront the question he fears might define his life forever: To be Human or to be Fae?

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X