×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
Letting Her Go
PG-13
0
0
1
361
0

swap_vert

Looking up at the ceiling, Amanda imagined how different her life would be if her mother had never taken the coward's path.

Except this time, her mother went too far, and she chose to take her own life.

And now Amanda can't help but wonder if she could've done more to aid her mother, and why her father never spoke honestly about her mother's mental condition instead of attempting to candy coat everything when it came to her.

She understands he did it out of love for her, but she wishes he would realize that she's growing up whether he likes it or not!

Amanda checked the time on her phone as she went downstairs to wait for her father.

In her black dress, which she had worn at her grandfather's funeral the year before, she felt terribly uneasy.

Not only because she despised wearing gowns, but also because of the memories they evoked.

Amanda checked the time on her phone as she went downstairs to wait for her father.

In her black dress, which she had worn at her grandfather's funeral the year before, she felt terribly uneasy.

Not only because she despised wearing gowns, but also because of the memories they evoked.

Amanda checked the time on her phone as she went downstairs to wait for her father.

In her black dress, which she had worn at her grandfather's funeral the year before, she felt terribly uneasy.

Not only because she despised wearing gowns, but also because of the memories they evoked.

"You look lovely, sweetheart." Her father said, taking a seat next to her at the breakfast table with his newspaper in hand.

"Thanks Dad," Amanda said as she finished her breakfast in complete silence. Both Amanda and her father were at a loss for words with one another. Due to the fact that they were both overwhelmed by their own pain at the time.

Her father didn't say anything until he finished the last sip of his coffee, and then he muttered, "I'll be in the car," and he was gone, snatching his coat off the rack and his key from the hook beside the door.

Getting ready to leave, Amanda fixed her hair in the downstairs bathroom, then made her way out through the front door.

When she got to the car, her dad was reading his newspaper. After opening the door, Amanda took her place in the backseat of her father's Mercedes Benz.

Thankfully, the car ride to the church wouldn't take too long, so before long, they had arrived at their destination. Waiting at the front door of the church for their arrival were her mother's parents and her father's mother. They opted out of driving to the funeral in the hearse it's self so they had the undertakers do everything for them.

And as they entered a church for the first time in years.

Amanda struggled to keep the tears from pouring down her cheeks as she sat in the front pew with her father and grandparents.

Following the religious service, they made their way to the cemetery for the funeral's burial portion.

Amanda watched as they lowered her mother's body into the grave, tears streaming down her face.

Looking around her, she made a mental note of who among her mother's so-called friends had bothered to show their faces, and to her surprise, they were all present.

Despite the fact that they failed her mother every time she needed them, she continued to call out to them for assistance whenever things grew too much for her to manage on her own.

Feeling as if the world was spinning around her and that she needed to get away, she ran as quickly as she could out of the cemetery, past the church, stopping only when she reached the abandoned park that her mother had shown her when she was six, and where her mother had played when she was younger. Finding the bench that looked familiar



She sat down and sobbed uncontrollably, thinking about what her mother would say if she saw her like this, her dress crumpled and her hair all tangled. She felt awful for leaving her father to deal with things on his own, but she couldn't stay any longer at the graveyard.

Sitting there on the bench under the shade of a massive oak tree, she felt safe and secure and that everything was going to be alright for the first time since she found out about her mother's death.

She dried her eyes with a tissue and walked around the old park, which appeared to have seen better days.

In some ways, the park reminded her of her mother, who had been abandoned and forgotten.

By all those who never realized their mother's true worth until it was too late, taking advantage of her kind nature and eagerness to forgive too easily.

As the sun set, the park fell silent, and not a single bird could be heard. Amanda didn't quite mind, as she liked the kind of atmosphere it created.

She'd always been known as the odd kid who preferred to be alone. And who did nobody want to be friends with on the playground?

Her mother and, I'm guessing, her father were the only people she let inside her little world.

So, it'll take some time to adjust to the fact that her father is the only person she has left in the world.

Amanda, who was becoming increasingly agitated by the minute, took out her phone, only to discover that it was completely dead. Beginning to get a bit anxious. Amanda left the park, heading back into town. She noticed that not a person could be seen. It was like walking through a ghost town. Not a light was on, not in the people's houses and certainly not in the streets. In the small town of North-shore not even a business remained open after seven on a Sunday.

Just when she thought that things couldn't get any worse, the rain came down hard and the Thunder boomed! "I'm so glad I put a raincoat on over this stupid dress," she exclaimed. as she zipped her coat up all the way. she knew better than to stay out here in these kinds of harsh weather conditions so she tried to find a place to take shelter in for the night. She might only be 16 but she was rather mature for her age. That is why her mother always said that she was an old soul.


swap_vert

X