×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Donald Lucas Hyatt The Th
    Donald Lucas Hyatt The Th
    Self-published author and poet. I love writing & reading. Author of the Variant’s Fire book series on Amazon, and now writing a poetry collection here on Penana! Proud nerd!
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Variant's Fire, Book One
PG-13 Completed Paid content
78.0K
0
0
1.8K
0

Book Description:


Come Home, to where the Darkest Burning Pyre resides.

Come Home, to where the Pyre’s blaze guts the Abusers.

Come Home, to where the Pyre incinerates what remains.

Come Home, to where you belong.


            The year is 2035. It has been roughly two years since the Advent Virus infected every human on Earth. Most are asymptomatic carriers—they display no symptoms and are unhurt by the virus. Variants, on the other hand, are genetically enhanced by the virus and given almost supernatural abilities, previously considered to be only possible in comic books or cartoons. Meanwhile, a large minority of the world's population is ruthlessly killed by the virus, falling into comas and passing away.

            Alex Westsmith was abused as a child, alongside his younger brother, and his mother, at the hands of his father. The legal system failed Alex and his family, over and over, again and again. So, the teenager, armed with his Variant abilities, does what he must, scouring the city by night, hunting and killing those who abuse others. As the vigilante Pyre, alongside his best friend and computer hacker, Richard Caperno—who operates under the alias Reforger—Alex fights for those who would otherwise fall through the cracks of society.

            But when a ruthless new faction of radicals and terrorists abducts one of their classmates, will the Variant vigilante and his hacker ally be able to save her? Or will he have to helplessly watch abuse go unpunished yet again?

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

Read the whole book: HK$31.2
X