×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    AliyahEzinma
    AliyahEzinma
    I love to read, write and create in general.

    I am from St Andrew, Jamaica; therefore, it might be referred to in anything I write. Feel free to ask questions if you don't understand.

    I always try to follow back; dm me if I missed you.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Amnesia
R Completed
7.3K
3
13
6.5K
0

As if on cue, my room door bursts open, and in comes a girl. She's short, round in the face and has caramel skin; the ends of her natural, curly afro hair are died turquoise, and brown eyes lined with navy blue liner stare at me with curiosity, relief, but most of all, love.


It's as if I've never seen her before in all my life, but I know her.


I don't even have to ask who it is, or wait for an introduction.


"Evetta," I breathe, but from the way that her lips curl into a smile, I know that she heard me.


***


Caleb Winters wakes from a coma after a horse riding incident which he cannot remember, with chunks of his memory missing. He is impatient for his memories to return, and begins to worry that they never will. He has become disoriented, frustrated and angry; a far cry from the joyful, playful boy that his parents claim he was before the accident. He has become paranoid; he trusts no one.


No one, except for his guiding light; a girl named Evetta, whom he has no memory of, but somehow knows inside out.


Evetta brings out the best in him; gets gets him to smile again, laugh again, choosing humor over anger.

She teaches him what happiness feels like again.

X