×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    RDean
    RDean
    I have written reasonably well for as long as I can remember, a grade school dark comedy that I later reread and it was reasonably good, at least the grammar and vocabulary hold up. I discovered a knack for writing poetry when I was 14, and most of my poems are fairly good to excellent, I've had a lot of people read them and I'm going on feedback and my intense study of Emily Dickinson. My true love is long form prose, but it is a struggle for me, but I continue to fight despite personal and PC based setbacks. Stylistically my approach to the writing process is similar to Kurt Vonnegut, but that similarity is from my thought process and that portion of my style appeared before I read Vonnegut, but I can't say that my writing style isn't influenced by Vonnegut and I learned a lot, as well as, honed my style by reading his work repetitively. My other main influence is W. S. Burroughs, and I more directly use his meta-fiction techniques, such as breaking up a story line with personal reflections, facts, and quotes. This is a well researched and thought out part of my work, and done purposefully. So I do warn My reader that there are quite a few jagged edges in my text. I try to refrain from cut-ups in my latest work. My other influence is Einstein's relativity, and I sometimes go into a fairly factual description, not at scientist's level at least, but I base most of my scifi segments on solid theory and proven fact. I'll try to go easy on that stuff.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
The Chronicles of Rune
R
15.0K
1
0
4.0K
0

My work Redemption for Superheros contains story elements that I use metaphorically, but since I start writing with no clear direction, my stories evolve and gain a life of their own. Some of the earlier story elements evolved in a direction that didn't fit with the original lifeforce and direction of the first work. I repurposed some of the parts, added new material, worked out some grammar flaws (on purpose for the nature of RFS) to make a more traditional, character- driven narrative. It is a stand alone work and the original parts work as reverse Easter eggs. Rune Yung Tan is a strong character and deserves a vehicle geared to her. 

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X