×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    flames4thought
    flames4thought
    Hi!

    So a bit about myself. I'm a scientist, writer, artist, and musician. The contrast between science and the arts never fails to get to people. To most people I am either the quirky artist or the serious scientist. However, as I constantly tell people... science requires just as much imagination as writing or drawing.

    I just completed my Bachelor's in Environmental Science and am pursuing a Master's in the same field. I strongly believe that unless we fix the environment, we cannot even begin to fix the rest of the problems in our society. I find it unfortunate that we as a society consistently ignore how our actions affect the environment.

    A couple additional quirky facts: I own a horse whom I adore. I've played the violin for just over a decade. I'm a bit of a pyromaniac (as evidenced from my profile photo). And finally, I'm a huge bookworm (as in I never go anywhere without a book).

    My writing style:
    I tend to write fantasy but dabble in sci-fi and poetry. I tend to underemphasize description in my writing and overemphasize conversation (but I work really hard at balancing dialogue with description). I'm good with sentence structure and flow.

    Anyway... enough about me...

    Cheers,

    flames4thought
    See more
campaign Request update 0
In Plain Sight
PG-13
1.2K
0
0
2.3K
0

It's ok if you dazzle people onstage with your strangeness. It wasn't ok if you were a nobody... the girl you bought your soap or groceries from or the girl who cleaned your house... At least that's what Aeirin's experience has been.

So she hides in the open as an actress, hoping that her obviousness will cloak her presence from the people who want her dead or worse - her aunt and uncle being at the top of that list. Her strategy works for almost two years, until one night a stranger uncovers her identity and sends her on the run again.


Variations of this story have marinated/evolved/coalesced over the past five or six years. I'm gonna try and finally put pen to paper. I hope this works...

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X