×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
How to write a good Procedural text (Procedure Text)
G
1.2K
0
3
1.8K
0

Procedure text is a text that explains or helps us how to make or use something. Its social function is to describe how something is completely done through a sequence of series. Generally, this then falls into two categories, how to make something and how to do something. 

The thing that you want to begin to write a good procedural text, you need material. These include a paper or book, pen or pencil, tipe-x, laptop, computer or notebook, Microsoft word, note and the items that you want to make such as subjects or other sources.

After you have the material, the next step is the four main sections that form a procedural text. First step is you must make a goal or aim. This component addresses the what of the piece. It will refer to what is to be done or made. Very often too this will provide for the title of the text itself. Often this will be stated in the form of a ‘how to’ sentence or the name of the thing to be made itself. With more technical procedural texts, titles may be more generic and standardized. For example: How to make a pancake, How to Make a Hot Coffee, and Operating a computer.

Second, find resources, usually done in the form of a list, this component may also be titled Materials, Equipment, Ingredients, Items Needed etc and is pretty self-explanatory. This component comprises a list of things required to complete the procedure outlined in the text. For a recipe, this will obviously include things like ingredients, but may also include things like the appliances and tools required to follow that recipe to completion. For flat-pack furniture, for example, items like a screwdriver, spanner, glue will form this section. Regardless of the specific purpose of the text in question, the resources listed in this section will usually be presented in the order they will be used, as far as this is relevant or possible. For example: Flour, eggs, milk, butter, bowl, spoon, small pan, cups.

Third is you must make steps, this is the heart of the procedural text as it outlines step-by-step the methodology to follow in the procedure itself. The title of this section of the procedural text may vary depending on the specific type of writing it is. For example: First, boil the water, take two spoons of coffee and two spoons of sugar put into a glass. Second, pour the hot water into a glass then stir it gently. Finally, your coffee is ready to drink.

Fourth is add the evaluation. If you want to evaluate the procedure that you made, you may add an evaluation. In this step, evaluation usually discusses strengths & weaknesses. With the evaluation we can see again whether there is something missing or whether it is appropriate. Evaluation can make you sure about what are you doing.

The last is put the conclusion. The conclusion of a procedural text offers guidance to the reader on how they can evaluate the success of the procedure that has been followed. Also, a short statement that may offer some specific tips or advice to make the task easier or more effective.

We also understand some of you just don't have the luxury of time. But now, you know the steps “How to write good procedural text”. I believe that would be achieved for the readers, the readers can try the step of procedure text. May be useful for us.

X