×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Oliver
    Oliver
    Been writing for years, just for fun. I find it relaxing and a good way to release stress, a bit of downtime to order my thoughts I guess.
    Hope you like my stories and I'd love to hear any feedback anyone has.
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Lonely Beacons
PG-13
2.7K
0
0
2.0K
0

Here's what you need to know.

"The Grid" a highly regulated internet of the not so distant future has almost entirely eradicated crime. Through some kind of advanced AI tech the police are able to collate user data into behavioural profile pictures -  otherwise known as  ‘stealthies’ - aimed at finding and even predicting criminal personalities.

The police force continues to exist, but their capacity has become subjugated to the realms of data analysis and software maintenance.

Living "offgrid"  has not been abolished, but without a "Gridtag" - a universal internet ID that allows you access to the Grid but also gives the police the ability to monitor you - many necessities are inaccessible. Shopping, driving and telecommunications to name a few, as well as the ability to travel internationally. You following so far?

Despite this, there are still a few that attempt to live outside of mainstream society as much as possible.

This is where Damien Budinski and Sahar Smith come in. It's their job to keep tabs, real world tabs, on these individuals who choose to live a life offgrid, in order to assess their threat as best as a human mind can.

Usually less exciting than it sounds, their job is about to get difficult as they are tasked with finding a man that will prove impossibly illusive. But who is he, why is he attempting to take down The Grid and what's the deal with his apparent psychic powers?

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X