×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    SparksInTheNight
    SparksInTheNight
    |Stop exploiting the Earth. Stop exploiting the people.| |So you've stumbled across my blog I guess. Hi. ? I'm a deeply irresponsible person.| |She/her.|
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Finding Stars Despite the Urban Light Pollution
PG-13 Completed
6.2K
0
0
964
0

swap_vert

Harmony Ametsenya is too young to face the cruelties of the city. At ten years old, she shouldn’t be hungry, she shouldn’t be cold, she shouldn’t be worried about where her next meal is coming from. But it doesn’t change the fact that she is.

Fourteen-year-old Msitu Ametsenya shouldn’t be either. But it doesn’t change the fact that she will keep Harmony safe at all costs. At all costs. No matter what.

Their lives are full of fear and pain work. Because in this city, nobody cares about two impoverished orphan children trying to stay alive. Nobody cares about the impoverished at all. The city is grey, made of metal and glass and concrete. The water is grey, full of pollution. The sky is grey, full of smog.

As Christmas comes around the corner, the first Christmas since their parents died, how will Msitu make it a time of joy and hope? Because after all, in a world run by greed and apathy, hope is everything.

———

This work is in the public domain and anyone can do anything they want with it.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X