×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
Unusual Encounter
G
0
0
0
495
0

swap_vert

He's supposed to meet someone who will forget his worries, traumas and a temporary fix never expecting to meet an unemotional and poker face woman which she thought is a potential "client" for her Psychotherapy subject. 

Michael has a lot of problems needed to fix, family, social meet-ups, and some others that he have no idea what to prioritize including his monthly facial care. Pete, his only friend lend a calling card to see and seek some help to a professional that might help him or guide him in anyway the doctor can. After a week of planning to see or not to see Dr. Peregrine, he called and made an appointment. And today he went to the clinic and waited for the Dr. to meet him. He saw a woman went inside the Doctor's clinic and thought that she skipped the line. Pissed, he also entered the room and saw the woman which he thinks is in her early 20's wearing a white animated print t-shirt paired with dark blue cotton pants and a converse sitting on the doctor's chair while reading a patients record. She did not let him speak and told him to sit down. His brain's stuck at the moment (maybe because of the problem occurs and still in shock seeing the woman inside the room.) 

"Good afternoon, Mr. Reyes. I was asked by Dr. Peregrine to see you today because he cannot find time to see you." 

What kind of service is this?! He said to himself. He tried not to be rude, he's a gentleman and he needs to end this meeting or something fast. 

"You're silent, means it's fine with you and I can tell that you're in a hurry." She said while glancing at my hands tapping my thighs, a sign that I am really in a hurry or I am pissed right now. Can't she see that I am really sorry for myself wasting time here instead of working on my office until dawn? 

"How's your sleep, Mr. Reyes? Are you comfortable of Mr. Reyes or Michael?" She's as calm as a tree in the park while inside me I am starting to- 

"Here, to help you calm your nerves." She hand me a mint flavored candy. I don't know what happened but I followed what she told me. 

Everything follows, I told the woman anything, any word that comes from my mouth without thinking about literally anything. I can remember that she's relaxed while listening to me, nods as a sign of understanding what I told her and writing some on her color red notebook. Why not pink? I asked to myself, there's some mystery there that I cannot explain why can't I ask her while I am the only one who's willing to tell her everything and anything? 

I found myself back on my office not noticing that Pete's asking for some details what happened to my visit to his recommended doctor. At first, I was hesitant to tell him however, the guy is persistent or maybe I wanted to tell him myself to see his reaction. I need an explanation or something that will make sense 'cause this is new to me. 

"When's your next appointment to the doctor?" Is what I heard from him. 

Two weeks after I need to meet the mysterious woman. Two days from now, I'll see her again. Do I need to wear formal or casual clothes? Do I need to style my hair or leave it like the last time? Why am I thinking of such things anyway? It's not a date, I am seeing a doctor to help me with whatever's going on with my life, what the f is happening? 

Does this "clinical/medical thing" really works or am I wasting time and money for this? Whatever. If I am still like this for the coming month, I am out. 

"What? Is there something wrong with my face? Teeth? Hair?  Casual wear today because today is Sunday." Am I explaining too much that made Pete laugh? "Nothing, man. It's just that something is in the air. I can feel it." He's smiling, the teasing smile I can tell as it's too obvious if you can see him. 

He drove his car 'cause I am not into the mood to drive today. 

"Someone's excited to see his doctor." Pete is too bored to tease me today. I ignored him and his teasing glances at me. 

"Mr. Reyes." We heard the nurse called my name so Pete and I went inside the room where I first saw the doctor I forgot her name or she did not told me? 

"Good morning Dr. Peregrine." I heard Pete and shook hands with the doctor. Where is the woman? 

"Good morning to you, too. And Mr. Reyes. Rye gave me the documents regarding your concern and I apologize for not seeing you I tried to find time but there's an emergency and Rye is the only person available that time. I assure you, she is still studying but she's a reliable and capable to help you on your current situation." The doctor's too guilty but as a professional you won't see any guilt from his face, at least it is clear that he is guilty not a stoic face from someone. 

Rye is the woman's name, Rye, Ryan? Reign. What is that name? 


favorite
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!
swap_vert

X