×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    M.K. Baker
    M.K. Baker
    Hi! I write a bunch, but posting TCoT is the first time I've ever shared my writing with anyone other than friends and family. I would generally shelve most things I write as adult fantasy, though I could see it appealing to some older YA audiences as well. I love to write books with hard magic systems (if you’re familiar with Brandon Sanderson and Brent Weeks, my magic systems are similar).

    I would love some feedback on my work so feel free to comment on what you love and hate! When I'm not writing, I'm either reading, studying, or playing video games. I'm a college student in school for Computer Science, so I am really busy, but I post every Tuesday (sometimes more). I don't feel comfortable with my real name being out for the world to see but you can call me MK. Feel free to message me!
    See more
The Cycle of Twelve
PG-13
18.7K
4
5
978
3
This story is unlisted. Please be considerate before sharing.

Most quests for revenge end either in glory or disaster.

Akaris's ended before she began. 

After Akaris's journey halfway across the world to find the pair responsible for her father's suicide and mother's murder, she finds them gone. Broke and with no prospects, Akaris must take on a new job as she awaits for the pair's return while still struggling to determine their motives in a city policed by a former assassin's guild. By night, she takes on the worst scum the city has to offer, by day, she is a teacher at a church which houses crucial archives that could hold all the answers.

Saren Aderes is the son of the world's most notorious generals. He is also the lowest in his  college class due to a childhood spent in hiding--not studying metapathy, a hard-set magic system that most of his peers have dedicated their lives to. As final exams approach, he must find a tutor or face potentially fatal consequences that come along with the dueling round. 

Connected by their past, Akaris and Saren follow parallel paths that each lead to pieces of a greater whole.

**Will be posted as a serial with new chapters every Tuesday. Mature for gore.**

X