×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    Lamington
    Lamington
    I am Lamington, the Australian author!

    You may also know me as WriteHere on BookTok!

    I am published internationally as a fantasy and horror writer.

    As a monster writer, I am delving into all sorts of genres, from Erotic to Whimsical.

    I am not accepting any book promotions or marketing of any kind.


    Enjoy my works and have a nice day ❤️
    See more
The Faceless Circle, The Nameless Number
R On Break
13.6K
0
1
636
3

A Squid Game fanfiction with original games! 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Beom-Seok Gae is born in North Korea to a family destroyed by the regime and power of their overseeing leader.

Beom-Seok lives a forced life of idolized dictatorship that follows him through the labourous farms of North Korea. He works as a potato harvester, ploughing the vegetables from the poisoned fields to send to the wasteful Leader day after day; ordered to praise those who destroy the lives of him and his only friend, Hae-Won.

When Beom-Seok desperately seeks change, it comes to him in the form of a harmless child's game from a travelling salesman who just wants to play Ddakji.

Picking the red tile seemed simple enough. But when Beom-Seok wins the game, he is promised a fresh start and new identity away from the watchful eyes of North Korea; as long as he can follow a few rules.

No-one must know his name or what he looks like. He is to follow every order given to him by his supervisors. He is not to harm the old man.

If he does this, a new life awaits him.

The orders are easy to follow, although a little odd. Beom-Seok finds himself thrown into a life as a Circle amongst hundreds of others wishing for the same promise of freedom. Only shapes define their importance in the halls and in preparation for the games the Numbers face to try and erase their crippling debts.

A Circle must follow its orders. A Number must survive each round. The old man is not to be harmed.

It is all simple to follow. With a bright future looming closer as the violent games pick off the unfortunate numbers, Beom-Seok throws his chance into uncertainty when he is chosen to balance the uneven numbers for one game. 

Can a faceless circle really survive as a nameless number in a place where people are killed off in the futile search of a childhood long lost?

Or will it all be just that; a game meant to be played fairly and without feeling?

favorite
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X